• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy mates!

mjh623

Rum Runner
Well, the old Rum Runner is back on the account, after an extended hiatus in Oblivion. I got me a copy of COAS for Christmas and loaded her up. Had to tell the young'un "My game!", as he has taken over all my others. Reloaded POTC Build 13 for him (and me too). So now I find myself back aboard my schooner Jezebelle, exploring the unmodded waters of the Caribbees. Fear not, the mods are downloaded and will be bent to the yards soon, but thought I would get a feel for the beastie as it shipped. Looks and feels a lot like AOP. Nice to see that the women on shore have something to say now, though. I've seen some familiar POTC faces wandering around town as well. Had an interesting escape last night, got pinned against a lee shore by two of the Don's frigates and a galleon. Had a bit of a tight scrape there, but managed to pull an Aubrey and cut back on my own wake to split the two frigates and hi-tail it off to windward of them. The hands had some sewing to do on the canvas, and the bleedin' paintwork got scuffed up a bit, but managed to keep the water on the right side of the boat, that is to say the outside! Tried to have a go at sneaking into Curacao under false colors, but got sniffed out immediately. Good thing that fort's guns load slow or the lads and I would have been swimming. Tried sneaking in the back door, but still got recognized. Made a mad dash for the tavern to drop off the passenger and another to get back out of town. Obviously that aspect has gotten a lot harder. Got to be more choosey with employment offers, I find. Well, got to whip these lubbers into shape so I'll be jawin' with you later! Fair winds and prophets increase to ye!

Ahoy Rum Runner, welcome back mate! :cheers

CoAS is a fantastic game, there are literally tons of stuff to do. There are all kinds of little game tweaks and nuances the folks over at Seaward added, they did an incredible job on this game! Unfortunately Playlogic failed miserably at it's "marketing" campaign for the game! Glad to hear your starting your powder monkey off right with the build mod! :onya Stick around mate, we have some interesting developments coming up around here for the coming year as well!

Back