• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AI Sailing into the wind

one thing i'm noticing is that boarding has become seriously hazardous now. which is good, since it keeps things interesting. i'm still developing some tactics for taking on the new AI. close-hauled battles are very common and a royal pain in the ass, since you can't close the distance to board and will most likely be shot at unless you change the situation in your favor somehow. your type of rig really matters now.

Don't you just love the way that as you close on them to board they turn away and sail off, leaving you to start over again? :sail Or when they do surrender you find that they are upwind and you can't get to them? :keith It seem POTC is evolving into less of a game and more of a sim.

you basically have two choices when that happens. tack along with the enemy, or come about in the other direction. if you're quick enough you might even avoid the broadsides, but it's pretty unlikely.

Sounds about right :yes

I've only done two boarding actions so far(i tend to spend my time following the stoyline looking for text errors, rather than being a pirate), and the new simple AI doesn't make it that much harder, ships won't just sit there 'stuck' against the wind, but other than that it is business as usual. You just got to sail better ;)

Back