• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AirBuccaneers Beta released and heading to Steam!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I normally don't post on games like this one, but this one looks to be a bit different, plus it combines two of my favorite things; Vikings and Pirates!

Finnish game studio LudoCraft has released the beta version of AirBuccaneers. AirBuccaneers is a multiplayer airship pirate game with shamanistic Buccaneers and infamous Vikings fighting over domination of the North. This cooperative 1st person game requires seamless teamwork and strategic battle skills. AirBuccaneers is a PC game powered by Unity 4.

-AirBuccaneers has a heavy emphasis on teamwork where speed and battle are the focus but tactics are the key to success. Game consists of intense air battles where airship armadas fight against each other in berserk frenzy. We will open the mythical story of the game during beta phase. In brief the Vikings blame the Buccaneers who, according to old sagas, once let the magic escape from their hands. The hatred just keeps adding up, leading the two rival tribes to even fiercer and epic battles, says Tony Manninen, CEO of game studio LudoCraft Ltd.

The game has just been greenlit on the second set to Steam, a hugely popular digital distribution platform for PC players. Steam Greenlight was launched in August 2012 by Valve. Its main purpose is to find new games by letting the Steam community vote for their favourites, and AirBuccaneers was selected to be among the first 31 published games.

New features in Beta:
- Redefined gameplay mechanics
- AI enemies (Octopuses flying airships!)
- New gameplay mode: Attack & Defend
- Character development with role-based class system and Perk/Flaw system
- Character customization with armour
- Expanded storyline and world history
- Completely new HUD and menu
The version 1.0 of the game will be released by the end of 2012.

Additional information:
www.airbuccaneers.com

Beta trailer:

What is LudoCraft
LudoCraft is a game studio located in Oulu, Finland. LudoCraft has received awards from several game development competitions, including the Make Something Unreal competition and the Independent Game Festival. The studio has over 10 years of experience in designing original and unique games. The LudoCraft team is not afraid to experiment and use their ability to see and do things differently from the mainstream.

Attachments

• airbuccaneers.png
    airbuccaneers.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
Though its defintley NOT realistic it looks like its really fun! I mean its not every day you can use a unrealistic gun to shoot down an unrealistic airship from the sky!

If anybody has Unreal Tournament 2004. there is a mod from wich this game originated from. I think it's slightly slower, but lots of fun. If anybody is still playing this or would give it a try, let me know. There is still a server avaiable..

Back