• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug All captains want to fight

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
Uhm something's not right .. or maybe I had just bad luck, but the last 10 captains always wanted to fight me, instead of talking.. a bit much imo

And a request: Can we add an exception that prevents crewmembers from starving when I am moored in a port? I just had that situation again, I repaired my ship and after it was finished, about 60 crewmembers starved and the rest went treachearous to me.. complete nonsense, the ship has to be on a drydock as long as it gets repaired, so the crew should have land vacation and can eat and drink their wages away:rumgone

About the food things:
"Basic Land Owner" almost has a "digging up treasure" interface picture. But that is all that springs to mind.
Random citizens give Treasure Quests, so players would probably be forced to notice when they get into a dialog with them.
Also the Map Interface already indicates to everyone looking at it that they do exist.
and as far as I know its still working too. Going to look trough the daily update already for the next update so will take a look at this too.

About the captains. I think its just bad luck mate, but made this topic nontheless incase others have the problem too.

Uhm.. what has this Land Owner thing to do with my crew starving because they are too silly to go to the tavern? o_O

accedently copied the wrong quote.
What he said was something like this:
There is an option already when waiting ashore and your food get low an emergency purcahce is made. But I believe you need a quartermaster for it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
In earlier versions I've had that with the captains as well, might just have been bad luck though. In the current version I've had one 'fighter' out of three surrendered ships. To be honest I find it rather silly that you risk being killed by the captain when the ship has already surrendered; at least when we're talking regular naval captains, I could understand it if it was only pirates and the like.

Uhm.. what has this Land Owner thing to do with my crew starving because they are too silly to go to the tavern? o_O
Absolutely nothing! :cheeky

In earlier versions I've had that with the captains as well, might just have been bad luck though. In the current version I've had one 'fighter' out of three surrendered ships. To be honest I find it rather silly that you risk being killed by the captain when the ship has already surrendered; at least when we're talking regular naval captains, I could understand it if it was only pirates and the like.
It happens in the early game when the enemy captains just are completely unimpressed with you when they finally meet you.

Perhaps that dialog should be clarified, because his talk about "for a long time I have wanted to kill you" does not match with the logic behind the coding.
It should be something like "Jeez, I didn't know my crew got beaten by such a wimp like you. Let me correct that straight away!"

@Pillat, would you be able to come up with something beter for that? Because my example SUCKS! :razz

I believe so yes.

Btw if you are at it feel free to take a look at smuggler on shore and smuggler agent also. Had to add some dialogs there and if you see improvments feel free.
Same goes for
tailor
shipyard
blacksmith_fetch
gunsmith_fetch

Done! I didnt changed anything in the .c file, so the captain still knows who you are, but this is not so unlogical, is it? I mean, I would at least inform mself about the name of the other captain when I want to fight him :D

Attachments

• Cabinfight_dialog.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 96
Hm your dialogs were nice Levis ;) A bit too nice for smugglers, so I made them a bit more rough, but the rest was/is fine :yes

Attachments

• smugglers_new.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 87
Filed as "Not a Bug". Cabinfight dialog improved to prevent future confusion on the reason for them fighting.

Back