• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

All in one or tower?

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
There's a chance I might be getting a new PC for the holidays and I was wondering what I should go with.

An all in one looks very sleek and I wouldn't mind losing my old tower but how easy is it to upgrade?

I have had my current PC for a few years now and during that time I've upgraded it several times, even added an internal secondary HDD in it. Will I be able to do the same things with an all in one? Well...probably not the internal secondary HDD. :facepalm

I've never seen the inside of one but it looks very compact and I know high end video cards can look quite big. I'm just worried that with the all in one, what I see is what I get. And if one day I want to upgrade the sound card for example, either I get a new computer or I live with what I got.

depends upon the all in 1

most are set in concrete - upgrade by buying a new machine

some towers are designed to be super upgradable - and then some

depends upon your available cash.

Hard to imagine a brick being able to play games

for a secondary drive - remember that 1.5 terabyte outboard drives are cheep now, in a couple years, they will be even less -- usb2 -- making them nothing to be concerned about

I'll always be a big tower guy. The last couple V cards I've got are redonkulous in size at over 15" long with double fans and over an inch thick. Clutter the box up with an 850 power supply, a couple PhysX cards and extra drives and that puppy is full. I thought my last machine was big, but then my son had to build one bigger. Have you seen the HAF stuff?

http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=317

MK

Back