• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed All Nations turn friendly to each other

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
Uhm.. like the thread title says.. in my game, all nations are friendly with each other, even the pirates.. nothing suspicious in the error.log . Last thing I did was capturing a 5th Rate from France. I had a strange bug after this, that I couldnt change sail-status anymore (the rest of the ship-control was ok), and I sailed to Port Royale to sell my cargo and repairing (and repainting) my ship..

I've heard of this one before. But we never did figure out when, how or why it happened.
What storyline? Is "Changing Relations" even enabled for you at all?

I had a strange bug after this, that I couldnt change sail-status anymore (the rest of the ship-control was ok)
That shouldn't be happening anymore either? If that ever does occur please post a savegame.

I play the standard storyline and yes, I enabled changing relations, though I never saw this bug before.

Uhm sorry, to late.. I just switched to Worldmap and back to 3D and everything was fine again^^

EDIT: Can I do a 'relation-check' or something like that through the console? Don't want to start a new game again :/

I'm confused. Are they good now or not?

It is possible to change relations through console, but I'm not sure of a "reset".
Perhaps just calling InitRelations(); will do.

Please check the tavern news if it has any weird things in it.

The 'fine' was related to the sail-bug ;) But the nations are fine again, too^^ my last savegame hadn't the bug within.. I guess the bug occured when I wanted to attack a group of spanish merchants, if that helps in any case ;)

sorry Levis, I didn't save after this bug :/ But if I ever get around this bug, I'll check it ;)

What could be the case is that during the fight one of the ships surrendered. This should set theire relation to you to neutral. It should set the relation of the group they are in to neutral, maybe in some weird way this is shown in the relations interface or so. After going to the map and back it is probably fixed then....
Could you test that for me pillat? Make a screenshot or remember the relations when you start a battle and if someone surrenders see if it changes there.

Seeing a lot is changed with the relations and such I'm going to archive this bug. If anyone notices it again please post a savegame etc.

Seeing a lot is changed with the relations and such I'm going to archive this bug. If anyone notices it again please post a savegame etc.
Until we rewrite the entire system from the bottom up, this bug will probably remain as likely as it was before (eg. uncommon, but apparently does happen).
At the moment at least I am not yet intending to really rewrite everything for fear of breaking things; rather, I'll just rewrite those functions that control the behaviour that I want to have changed.

There was a function named "Nations_SetAllFriends()" which does exactly what this issue describes.
It was used when NationsInit() is called. So if that function was called without calling relations_init() afterwards, this could theoretically happen.

In my rewriting of all related code, I tried getting rid of this function altogether and all game systems still appear to be working as they should.
So as per the next update, this will be gone. And if there will no longer be a function that could cause this, the issue itself must have been Fixed too. :cheeky

Back