• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Almost finished location ...

Myth

Freebooter
Good evening.
A friend sent a location model (now he is out of access until the end of April).
I noticed one small problem only after I had completely finished doing everything I needed.
I am ready to provide the necessary resources, you can use it as you wish. But please help me fix the texture.
The problem is visible in screenshot Buccaneer's_0004.jpg. Take a close look at the weapon rack. The last two lower sabers have no texture, I temporarily put another one to show the problem.

Attachments

• Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Buccaneer's_0000.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0000.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Buccaneer's_0002.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0002.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Buccaneer's_0003.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0003.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Buccaneer's_0004.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0004.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Buccaneer's_0005.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0005.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Buccaneer's_0006.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0006.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Buccaneer's_0007.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0007.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 238
I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do anything, but let me have the model and whatever textures are currently associated with it, and I'll have a look. Please include the temporary texture for the sabres so I have something to start with.

I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do anything, but let me have the model and whatever textures are currently associated with it, and I'll have a look. Please include the temporary texture for the sabres so I have something to start with.

location.rar

need fix only goodswords.tga.tx

Can you upload the original "goodswords.tga.tx"? I wouldn't be surprised if it has an alpha map which would make a blade appear solid but would make an object in a location invisible. Failing that, it might give me some idea of what to put on a new texture.

Can you upload the original "goodswords.tga.tx"? I wouldn't be surprised if it has an alpha map which would make a blade appear solid but would make an object in a location invisible. Failing that, it might give me some idea of what to put on a new texture.

original is missing, no have this file. That is why I created this topic. I just need to solve this problem somehow: you can remove these sabers, you can make a texture.

That looks alright, and incidentally shows a view of the finished sword which I could not see. I haven't tried importing the location into PoTC yet, so all I could use to view the sword was GM Viewer. That can only show the sword if the view of the location is rotated and zoomed correctly, and then only from a limited angle. That screenshot shows that I didn't overlook anything in the texture affecting the parts which GM Viewer could not show.

That looks alright, and incidentally shows a view of the finished sword which I could not see. I haven't tried importing the location into PoTC yet, so all I could use to view the sword was GM Viewer. That can only show the sword if the view of the location is rotated and zoomed correctly, and then only from a limited angle. That screenshot shows that I didn't overlook anything in the texture affecting the parts which GM Viewer could not show.

The only thing that I would change: can I make the handle darker? These two sabers too stand out from the rest.

The name of the file is "goodswords" so I thought they were supposed to be better and shinier than the others. ;) However, try this "not so good sword".

Attachments

• goodswords.tga.tx.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 214
Back