• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Almost got away

BladeFireLight

Landlubber
I finally completed most of the escape quest. I have the ship and the crew. but I cant for the life of me shake the two ships that are hot on my tail. The reload on cannons is so slow and my aim sucks so bad I ran out of all types of ammunition and have only taken them down to half.

Is there some trick to getting away?

Wait until they are right up next to you. Not close enough to board you if you are playing at the higher difficulty level, then let them have it. Use accelerated time to speed things up for reloads and do your best to keep them confused inbetween shots.

If you shred their sails enough just run for it, or if you have to sink 'em both.

Cap'n Drow

I usually just use the two broadsides I have from the beginning to take out their sails and then make a run for it. By the time the cannons are reloaded the luggers are far behind me.
Anyway, this is another really weirdly scripted mission. When you go from the shipyard to the ship, there's only one ship in the bay. Once you're on the ship, there's another frigate nearby. When you go to sailing mode the other frigate is gone and there are two luggers. Double-yoo tee eff?

Back