• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Amerigo Vieira

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
During "A Worm in the Apple", Mateus Santos sends you to kill Amerigo Vieira, supposedly "the best swordsman in the archipelago". Vieira tells you that he used to work for Santos, and if you continue working for him then you're next. You have several options at this point, one of which is to hire Vieira as an officer, which meant I got to look at his stats. The "best swordsman in the archipelago" is just an average guy with average skills and no melee perks.

I thought I'd fixed this. The problem is the levelling system, which messes with any character not protected by the "questchar" attribute, so I added it to Amerigo Vieira's definition. But the "Assassin" storyline has its own definition for Vieira. Another difference between the common definition and the "Assassin" definition of Vieira is that the former gives him 1 for all skills other than "Fencing", "Grappling" and "Sneak", so that if you hire him as an officer, he can learn them depending on which role you assign him. The "Assassin" version, in common with the stock game version, sets those skills to 0. As the "Assassin" version is not protected by "questchar", the levelling system has its evil way with him, and that's why he turns into a general purpose average guy.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues: any objection to changing the "Assassin" Vieira to match the common version, with the "questchar" attribute to keep his high "Fencing" skill and perks, and 1 for other skills?

I suspect he just accidentally got left behind, but I notified Bartolomeu that there are some questions for him on the forum. :doff

Thanks! And pass on my regards to Bartolomeu as well. The "Assassin" storyline is highly enjoyable, which is why I'm replaying it. I'm looking forward to whatever extension he has planned for it!

Thanks! And pass on my regards to Bartolomeu as well. The "Assassin" storyline is highly enjoyable, which is why I'm replaying it. I'm looking forward to whatever extension he has planned for it!
Passed on it is! :cheers

Back