• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

Add the PotC game folder to the Windows search index.
You can then search INSIDE all files.
So if you type in "parler_elting", you'll get to see all files where that's written.
That should lead you to the trigger. It's not in that part of quests_reaction.c that you posted.

I would do this myself, but can't until I've got my new laptop...

Should have thought of that :modding

"parler_elting", appears in the Roxanne lalliere_dialog.c file

in the section -- case "begin_93":

From looking in the Roxanne Lalliere_dialog.h file --- I think case begin93 --- actions what Roxanne says to you after you have talked to and either Killed / Made friends with Elting

:mm

The question is who is supposed to talk to you 1st when you enter the prison Roxanne or Elting ?

I think the problem may be with this line if code:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
case "open_fortjail":
Pchar.quest.take_keys.win_condition.l1 = "item";
Pchar.quest.take_keys.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.take_keys.win_condition.l1.item = "Fort_Keys";
Pchar.quest.take_keys.win_condition = "open_fortjailbis";
break;

case "open_fortjailbis":
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), "Quest_Fort_prison", "goto", "goto9");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Roxanne Lalliere")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_92";
Locations[FindLocation("Quest_FortVRight")].reload.l3.disable = 0;
Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition.l1.location = "Quest_Fort_prison";
Pchar.quest.outfit_prison.win_condition = "mudar_roupa";
break;

case "mudar_roupa":
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "bladex4");
GiveItem2Character(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");
EquipCharacterByItem(CharacterFromId("Roxanne Lalliere"), "pistolrock");

SetModelfromArray(&pchar, GetModelIndex("GypsyCaptn_5"));
break;

case "parler_elting":
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Elting"), "Quest_Fort_prison", "goto", "goto13");
LAi_RemoveCheckMinHP(Pchar);
LAi_SetImmortal(Pchar, false);
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Elting")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_1";
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Elting"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Elting"), pchar, "", 1.5, 1.0);
break;

case "fight_elting":
LAi_ActorAttack(CharacterFromID("Elting"), PChar, "");
Pchar.quest.tuer_elting.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_Death";
Pchar.quest.tuer_elting.win_condition.l1.character = "Elting";
Pchar.quest.tuer_elting.win_condition = "fuir_avec_rox";
break;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As this calls the case begin_92 then case begin_93 from Roxanne lalliere_dialog.h file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

case "begin_92":
dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA004";
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[192];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[193];
link.l1.go = "begin_93";

break;

case "begin_93":
dialog.snd = "Voice\CLLA\CLLA004";
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[194];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[195];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("parler_elting");

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just tried executing the line Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Roxanne Lalliere")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_92";

through the console and Elting did not appear in the prison and Roxanne just stood in her prison cell and did not talk to me.

That line just makes it so that when you DO talk to Roxanne, she says the right things.
But it doesn't make anyone appear or start a conversation.
Does Roxanne appear and start the conversation as she should?
If not, that "parler_elting" case can also not be executed,
since it's started after the dialog with Roxanne.

I actually think for some reason it may be this line, as the Annamaria/Tia Dalma has this type of line and they dont appear
Code:

I actually think for some reason it may be this line, as the Annamaria/Tia Dalma has this type of line and they dont appear
Code:

Do you mean that the line should be in quest_reaction.c ?

As the only "parler_elting" at the moment is the ----- case "parler_elting":

At the moment when you enter the prison -- Roxanne is there in the cell & does not talk to you and Elting is not there.

If you action case "parler_elting" through the console --- then when you enter the prison Elting immediately talks to you & Roxanne only talks to you after you have Killed / made friends with Elting.

So the question is who is supposed to talk to you 1st when you enter the prison -- Roxanne or Elting :?

Based on this, it appears like Roxanne should talk to you and then Elting should talk.
Since Elting DOES talk when executing the quest case manually,
it sounds to me like the main issue is that Roxanne doesn't talk while she should.
Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Based on this, it appears like Roxanne should talk to you and then Elting should talk.
Since Elting DOES talk when executing the quest case manually,
it sounds to me like the main issue is that Roxanne doesn't talk while she should.
Correct me if I'm wrong though...

:yes

I agree

At the moment when you execute the quest case manually Elting talks to you as soon as you enter the prison ( even though you are at one end of the prison and he is at the other, by Roxanne's cell ). - He ends up talking to you through walls :cheeky - Roxanne only talks to you after you fight / become friends with Elting

I think what is supposed to happen is -- you enter the prison and go to Roxanne's cell -- Roxanne talks to you first and then Elting talks to you ( because if you go to Roxanne's cell quickly you can walk past him without seeing him - so I think the intended effect is to make it look as if Elting sneaks up behind you). :?
Then you fight or become friends.

But only Bartolomeu will know the answer to this :yes

Here is my next problem :rofl

I have completed the Aguadilla Fort battle & gone in search of Montbars.

Found Montbars and got quest Map of Isla de Muerta

Question ---> Is the quest map supposed to make Isla De Muerta appear on the World Map?
Or do I have to talk to Mr Gibbs and get his compass.

If quest map is supposed to make Isla de Muerta appear on the World Map -- then it is not happening for me :sad

Error Logs attached

EDIT

im at the fort in the battle for something quest killed all the enemy, talk to the npc there, he blow us up sky high, then i survive somehow... now what?

After Explosion - Roxanne should run up and talk to you - Then you go out of Fort and on to beach - talk to body of Arnaud Fontaines lying on beach ( he has been knocked out ) :yes

How did you manage to keep Montbars alive in the fighting inside the Fort --- In my game the Spanish soldiers always managed to kill him - I had to give up and cheat in the end xD:

took me a few try to keep him alive, im a lot better in land battles than in sea anyway ^_^v

she finaly talk to me dont know why she didnt before, maybe that pc restart help O_O

oh well :)

EDIT

found Montbar, killed him in a duel, but i cant find the map, i was force to use the console ^^;

I originally coded Isla de Muerte to only show up if you've got Jack's compass.
Unless Bartolomeu changed something, you probably still need that.

Based on this, it appears like Roxanne should talk to you and then Elting should talk.Since Elting DOES talk when executing the quest case manually,it sounds to me like the main issue is that Roxanne doesn't talk while she should.Correct me if I'm wrong though...
When you enter the jail, you need to talk to Roxanne first only after Elting appears...

I originally coded Isla de Muerte to only show up if you've got Jack's compass.Unless Bartolomeu changed something, you probably still need that.
Now, there is no M. Gibbs giving you the compass in the Bartolomeu Main Quest.. You need to find the map of Isla de Muerte just outside the Montbars' house to add isla de muerte on the worldmap..

I originally coded Isla de Muerte to only show up if you've got Jack's compass.Unless Bartolomeu changed something, you probably still need that.
Now, there is no M. Gibbs giving you the compass in the Bartolomeu Main Quest.. You need to find the map of Isla de Muerte just outside the Montbars' house to add isla de muerte on the worldmap..

Then I have a problem since I have the map, - but Isla de Muerte is not appearing on World Map :sad

Perhaps it has worked for streifer. :?

Error logs in previous post

Based on this, it appears like Roxanne should talk to you and then Elting should talk.Since Elting DOES talk when executing the quest case manually,it sounds to me like the main issue is that Roxanne doesn't talk while she should.Correct me if I'm wrong though...
When you enter the jail, you need to talk to Roxanne first only after Elting appears...

Then there is a problem since I can not get Roxanne to talk, - before Elting speaks - she is in the Prison cell but does not speak. :sad

Bartolomeu, how did you make Isla de Muerte appear without having the compass?

i found the map manualy though still had to use the console to know its exact location
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Cayman_Pirate_house_01", "goto", "locator6", "")
;)

but now i lost the ability to move time faster(r and g command)

and the island still doesn't appear

though i found this in the quest reaction

ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Roxanne Lalliere"), "none", "", "");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Arnaud Fontaines"),"none","","");
LAi_QuestDelay("heading_muertebis", 2.0);

does this mean those 2 should show up after i find the map?

No it means they should disappear...

The r and g not working would be because of a self dialog (known bug)

As for the island turning up... how did you do it Bartolomeu? :?

disappear? they arent with me to begin with after i talk to the governor on la torgulga or something they both left my group without talking to me anyway

i tried sailing manual to Cuba from cayman, but for some reason i ended up on the other side of Cuba and not in the middle lol

Bartolomeu, how did you make Isla de Muerte appear without having the compass?

Perhaps he copied the code used to make the island appear when you get the compass and linked it to the map.

Anyone know the code used, and the link to the compass.

Then I can see if I can find it and its link to the map.

Back