• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An ambitious project

I know the code, having put it in myself.
It's in PROGRAM\Locations\locations_loader.c:
Code:
	// MAXIMUS: Isla de Muerte -->
if (CheckCharacterItem(mainCharacter, "aztec_compass")) // KK
CreateIslaDeMuerte();
else
DeleteIslaDeMuerte();
// MAXIMUS: Isla de Muerte <--
Unless this code is changed in Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 1,
even if Bartolomeu does create Isla de Muerte in another way,
it is going to be removed again upon the next location reload.

The code is there unchanged.

I cannot find anything linking the "aztec_compass" item and Bartolomeu's "muerte_map" item.

Also cannot find a piece of code where "muerte_map" has been substituted for "aztec_compass"

:shrug

Did Bartolomeu remove Mr. Gibbs from the tavern? Otherwise he can give you access.

Maybe the code should be changed to this:
Code:
if (CheckCharacterItem(mainCharacter, "aztec_compass") || CheckCharacterItem(mainCharacter, "muerte_map")) // KK
CreateIslaDeMuerte();
else
DeleteIslaDeMuerte();
That would make it work if you've got either the compass or the map.

Code:
[/quote]
Yes, I changed something in this file and I think I included the modified file in the update Captain Maggee downloaded..

Can anyone check the Patch 1 to confirm this modified file is there ?

Let me tell I'm a bit surprised by all the problems you've got with my quests.. :? As I said many times, I play the quests before releasing them. :shrug

EDiT : I confirm again there is no aztec compass and M. Gibbs in the Bartolomeu Main Quest. To find Isla de Muerte you need the map near the Montbars' house.

Code:
[/quote]
Yes, I changed something in this file and I think I included the modified file in the update Captain Maggee downloaded..

Can anyone check the Patch 1 to confirm this modified file is there ?

Let me tell I'm a bit surprised by all the problems you've got with my quests.. :? As I said many times, I play the quests before releasing them. :shrug

EDiT : I confirm again there is no aztec compass and M. Gibbs in the Bartolomeu Main Quest. To find Isla de Muerte you need the map near the Montbars' house.
[/quote]

I have checked my game   ( beta 1 patch 1 )   --- in PROGRAM\Locations   the locations_loader.c file is dated 14-10-2009.   

Is this the wrong file :? 

I have searched through my game folder and there are no other files with this name.

Sounds to me like some files of Bartolomeu's somehow didn't end up in the patch.
Can you please send your files again, Bartolomeu?

Code:
if (CheckCharacterItem(mainCharacter, "aztec_compass") || CheckCharacterItem(mainCharacter, "muerte_map")) // KK
CreateIslaDeMuerte();
else
DeleteIslaDeMuerte();

Changed code in locations_loader.c -- to this --- Worked Isla de Muerte appears on World map :bow

Me again xD:

I have got to Isla de Muerte.

I think I want to get to the cave with the treasure chest in it ( the one used in the Jack Sparrow - Hoist the Colours storyline).

However I cannot get to that part of the beach - Closed Padlock top left. :sad

( I know that in the Jack Sparrow storyline -- Capt Maggee has made it so that this part of the beach only opens if you have the 4 parts of the Treasure Map )

Yep and that is universal as well :yes (in the actually making of the island)

Ive checked Bartolomeu's files he sent to me and that is in there however it for some reason didnt get transfered to the patch :facepalm

me again also ^_^

i landed at shore 1 deserted shore, what do i do now the cave entrance is close, i cant find another way in except the console again ^^;

since i got the gold using the console, i went back to Bertrand Ogeron, he said he will call the other 2 captains, when he went and talk to me at the port his dialog is missing O_O

ive check the dialog txt, it seems they are there, but wont activate

Do you need to go to the treasure cave to finish the quest? :?

If so I will fix it up and will take a look after hockey at an excute control through the console

Do you need to go to the treasure cave to finish the quest? :?

If so I will fix it up and will take a look after hockey at an excute control through the console

:yes

Bartolomeu has put some boxes of gold there - you need to go to them and talk to yourself - then I think Emilio talks to you - then sail back to Tortuga.

How do you go talk to yourself?
Does that automatically happen if you stand at a certain spot?

How do you go talk to yourself?
Does that automatically happen if you stand at a certain spot?

:yes

I think it is case "encontra_ouro": in the quest_reaction.c ------ not sure if this whole section will work in my game - because I might have made a error with Emilio earlier :cheeky

So I may have to go back and replay Aguadilla again

Code:
case "heading_muertebis":		
locations[FindLocation("IslaDeMuerte_shore_01")].reload.l2.disable = 0;	
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 33.72, 4.26, -60.35, 0.24, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 30.37, 4.27, -59.88, 0.24, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 36.11, 4.27, -56.58, 1.56, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 41.88, 4.22, -51.17, -1.44, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 36.98, 4.24, -45.56, 0.37, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 25.05, 4.26, -52.47, -1.44, "building");	
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 27.19, 4.29, -56.27, 0.37, "building");
Build_at("Grotto", "box", "", 20.66, 4.29, -50.43, -1.44, "building");	

Locations[FindLocation("Grotto")].locators_radius.goto.goto3 = 6.0;			

pchar.quest.find_ouro.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
pchar.quest.find_ouro.win_condition.l1.location = "Grotto";
pchar.quest.find_ouro.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "goto";
pchar.quest.find_ouro.win_condition.l1.locator = "goto3";
pchar.quest.find_ouro.win_condition = "encontra_ouro";					 
break;

case "encontra_ouro":		
LAi_SetActorType(Pchar);
LAi_ActorRunToLocation(Pchar, "goto", "goto9", "grotto", "goto", "goto9", "encontra_ourobis", 15.0);				
break;

case "encontra_ourobis":
LAi_SetActorType(Pchar);
Pchar.Temp.self.dialog = Pchar.dialog.currentnode;
Pchar.dialog.currentnode = "Find_ouro";
LAi_ActorSelfDialog(Pchar, "player_back");			
break;

case "load_ouro":
LAi_SetPlayerType(Pchar);		
DoQuestReloadToLocation("IslaDeMuerte_shore_01", "reload", "reload2", "load_ourobis");			
break;			

case "load_ourobis":		
ref ouro;		
ouro = &Locations[FindLocation("Grotto")];
DeleteAttribute(ouro,"building");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Emilio Soares"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_62";
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Emilio Soares"), pchar, "", 2.0, 1.0);			
break;

case "voltar_tortue":
AddQuestRecord("Aguadilla", "8");		
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Emilio Soares"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares")].dialog.filename = "Enc_Officer_dialog.c";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Emilio Soares")].dialog.CurrentNode = "hired";			
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bertrand Ogeron")].dialog.currentnode = "gov_38";			
break;

Code:
CreateIslaDeMuerte();
else
DeleteIslaDeMuerte();

Changed code in locations_loader.c -- to this --- Worked Isla de Muerte appears on World map :bow
You're right, Talisman ! I checked the Patch 1 and the modification wasn't there :shrug :
As you said, this is the code we need :
CreateIslaDeMuerte();

I am playing in Arcade mode

The Hunter Quest

I have 2 small bugs: one may cause the quest to break ( I have not got to that point yet ) - both happen ONLY when you KILL Elting

1) If you have all the officer slots filled - when you rescue Emilio, he does NOT become a Passanger / Officer on Bahia de San Antonio when Roxanne leaves.

This may cause problems at near the end of Aguadilla Quest when he is supposed to talk to you.

2) From the same point on Bahia de San Antonio - Fast travel is not returned & remains disabled for the whole of the Aguidilla Quest. ( cannot use it on ship or in towns )

About 1) I could store the officers just before... :?
About 2) you said I disabled the Fast travel. I need to check if there is a reason to let Fast travel disabled during the entire Aguadilla Quest...

Back