• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An external add-on - Trade route analysis

liam1

Landlubber
Hello

I'm back with another playthrough of City of Abandoned Ships and using ERASII this time.
I noticed the developers added a button to save the trade ledger, which exports all your known prices to a CSV file :woot Fantastic!
Unfortunately, this file is missing the weight of each item, which is a bit of a bummer for what I've started to build.

I decided to brush up on my coding skills (which are extremely rusty) and make a small Python program that will read in the CSV and give you two options:
1. Select your departure port/town and get back the single most profitable trade (per item).
2. Select your departure and destination ports/towns and get back a list of the profit (per item) of every trade good.

GitHub - liam0014/ERAII_TradePrices: An automed trade price analyser for the Bucaneer's Reef Historical ERAS II mod for their own Maelstrom engine

This is a very rough program/piece of code (it's just a command-line interface). I recommend running the Python script file directly, if you can, because then you can hard-code your CSV file path, and you don't need to do the annoying first step of entering the path and filename :D
For those who can't, there is a Windows executable version produced using PyInstaller.

I may modify it slightly, but it largely seems fit for purpose as much as I use it, so it will likely stay in this very rough fashion forever.
Regarding the weights of items, because ERASII has two different weight options, I'm reluctant to hardcode the weights into a published version, but I'll think about it and see how much not having a profit per cwt value annoys me.
Edit: I've hardcoded the realistic weights, so the values now include profit per cwt.

Last edited:
Back