• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An offer of help

muddymonkey77

The Irish Captain
Storm Modder
Hello. If any of you out there are good at making skins for ships but don't know how to do the code, I will gladly write it for you. I'm actually starting to get pretty good at it. I would love to do my own art but sadly I lack the artistic talents xD: So there you have it...my offer is out on the table.

We should talk about this further after all the uproar about the new build and expansion islands package are released - most modders are incredibly busy at the moment! :(

So be tellin' ol' Fred Bob! :yes What be de modders up tew exactly? :cheeky Any werd one on what be in de next Build, lass? :(

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So be tellin' ol' Fred Bob!  :cheers What be de modders up tew exactly?  :cheeky Any werd one on what be in de next Build, lass?  :([/quote]

Awwww, they made me promise not to tell! (sorry!!!) But there are some VERY cool things. I am testing the build right now, and I'm continually amazed at the improvements! The whole modding team is going to be so ADORED when this build is released. :yes

And I second Spaz's comment, very nice sig banner, Vassal! :cheeky :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Awwww, they made me promise not to tell!  (sorry!!!)  But there are some VERY cool things.  I am testing the build right now, and I'm continually amazed at the improvements!  The whole modding team is going to be so ADORED when this build is released. :cheeky
[/quote]

As ye kin imagine thar, Cat, thar be a teeny bit o' a risk in secrecy for those involved in puttin' together de next Build. If'n expectations be gen'rally met or exceeded den de Build will likely be a success. However, if'n de Build takes a turn dat not be anticipated an' perhaps folks don't generally cotton to it, den bein' "adored" as ye say may end up bein' an elusive thang indeed. NK in de past has generally been fairly up front wid folks 'bout what's been in de werks. De beneifit o' dis be dat user expectations git set ahead o' time, which be a good thang in de software werld. Dis makes fer happy users. An' happy users spread de werd, give feedback, an' produce new ideas. Dat jus' be Fred Bob's two cents. Havin' sayed all dat, Fred Bob be wishin' de best fer all dem dat be heppin' put together an' have contributed tew dis next Build! :(:

Fairly soon, I would think, CaptJack. Another week, perhaps less. That is for the new build ONLY. The expansion package will come later.

Your two cents is always welcome, FB - and don't worry, I think people will be pretty happy with the new build because if you remember back to all the suggestions that have been posted here - a lot of those things are being implemented.

The PMT has been paying attention, so keep suggesting, everyone! :p:

There are no new ship models in the new build that I am aware of, however. This is likely due primarily to time constraints, more than anything else.

I'm just kind of put off by the whole secrecy thing. In the past we knew what to expect. People acctually TALKED to the community. Now it is all cloak and dagger. What is this the Government? Nobody is here to help all these people with their suggestions and problems...that is what my point is I guess.

Please don't take this the wrong way anyone....I'm just anxious to have this Build.

<!--`QuoteBegin-muddymonkey77`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muddymonkey77)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nobody is here to help all these people with their suggestions and problems...[/quote]No offense taken, Muddy, I understand... It's just frustration. I'm frustrated too, but there's not much more I can do about it. I've been trying my best to take up the slack here but unfortunately I don't know everything. :cheers :rolleyes: Sorry! :?

Keep yer pants on, lads, it's coming soon, really it is... Sorry I can't be more specific, but there it is. The PMT community has asked ALL of us to keep quiet about a lot of things - and if I say any more I risk breaking the "ship's articles" - and even tho I AM a pirate, I am an honorable one. 8) :yes :cheers

Back