• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Angelique Moulin's Father Quest Broken Near the end

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Bad guy killed, father rescued. When we get to Port au Prince Angelique is nowhere to be found.

That worked fine thanks. Now I seem to rember if you go get that sword it is cursed and messes you up is that right?

Now I seem to rember if you go get that sword it is cursed and messes you up is that right?
No, it doesn't. There is a note about it in the item description about that, but I think that just refers to its blue colour.
There is no actual curse linked to it.

Maybe @Bartolomeu o Portugues can confirm the intentions with his mention of a curse there?

I think you're referring to the old "self dialog" bug that used to trigger at that time.
But @Levis fixed that last year, so that shouldn't happen anymore. :no

About the sword: if you play in most time periods, you get Francis Drake's sword, which has no curse associated with it but does give you a boost to your "Melee" skill. If you play in "Early Explorers" you can't have Francis Drake's sword because he's using it himself! (You can get it in "Early Explorers", not by doing any side quest but by being Francis Drake. ;))

So completing the "Angelique Moulin's Father" side quest in "Early Explorers" will get you a different sword which reduces your "Melee" skill but boosts your "Leadership" and "Commerce". Unless @Bartolomeu o Portugues has found another use for it in one of his stories, completing "Angelique Moulin's Father" in "Early Explorers" is the only way you're going to see this sword, and since it looks very nice, that's an incentive to play in "Early Explorers". :rpirate

Back