• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Angelique Moulin's father

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I have done this many times and it is normally not broken, but this time it is and I'm in a bind. Before I go into the fort Angelique is walking around town and all seems to be well. When I come out she is gone. Can't find her anywhere. I then go to where her father should be and he is not there. The quest book updates properly. I have done this three times now. Normally I go back to a save from before meeting her and start over. But this time I ran out of saves out in the jungle and deleted all the previous saves. So, is there a way to force him to appear, or should I just leave the island and come back later?

Is there anything in error logs. :?

This is the code in quests_reaction.c which does not appear to have changed from previous versions:

case "coupbas":
LAi_SetPlayerType (Pchar);
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Antoine Chamfort"));
LAi_ActorAttack(CharacterFromID("Antoine Chamfort"), PChar, "");
pchar.quest.killing_chamfort.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_Death";
pchar.quest.killing_chamfort.win_condition.l1.character = "Antoine Chamfort";
pchar.quest.killing_chamfort.win_condition = "killing_chamfort";
break;

case "killing_chamfort":
if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
{
AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 2500);
AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Sneak", 200);
}
else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 2500); }
locations[FindLocation("Port_au_Prince_fakefort3")].reload.l1.disable = 0;
locations[FindLocation("Port_au_Prince_fakefort3")].reload.l2.disable = 0;
locations[FindLocation("Port_au_Prince_fakefort3")].reload.l3.disable = 0;
LAi_group_SetRelation("FRANCE_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, LAI_GROUP_ENEMY);
LAi_group_SetAlarm("FRANCE_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, 0.0);
AddQuestRecord("Moulin", 4);
setCharacterShipLocation(characterFromID("Pieter Boelen"), "none");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Francois Moulin")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_9";
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Francois Moulin"), "Buccaneers_Camp", "goto", "goto37");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Antoine Chamfort"), "none", "");

break;

case "retourprince":
AddQuestRecord("Moulin", 5);
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Francois Moulin"));
LAi_ActorFollowEverywhere(characterFromID("Francois Moulin"), "", 60.0);
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Angelique Moulin")].dialog.currentnode = "begin_6";
break;

You could try actioning the RED line through the console and see what happens --- probably after killing Camfort --- or try just before going into the fort to kill him

:ixi

From memory - after killing Chamfort - you go and talk to Angelique's father first then come back to town & talk to Angelique.

There is only the usual stuff in the error log. The quest book updates. Normally Angelique is wandering around the town somewhere, so having her missing is a red flag. The console? Gulp. I have never used it. I'm in Martinique now, but when I get back I'll give it a try.

There is only the usual stuff in the error log. The quest book updates. Normally Angelique is wandering around the town somewhere, so having her missing is a red flag. The console? Gulp. I have never used it. I'm in Martinique now, but when I get back I'll give it a try.

To Use The Console

Click on Console in the Program folder

At the beginning of the file you should see this->

Code:
// Jerry-rigged console file.
//put code under ExecuteConsole() below.
//NK 04-08-28
// not needed I think extern void InitShips();
#include "SDK\LocatorWrite.c"
#include "Upgrade.c";
extern void InitItems();
extern void InitCannons();

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

//	LAi_EnableReload();

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

// Models and Times (for screenshot-making)
// ------------------
//	GiveModel2Player("Jack",true);
//	SetCurrentTime(14.00, 0);

// Give ship
// ------------------
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);

Put the code you want to action where I have put the xxxxxxxxx

Save the file

Start game -- Load save --- When you get to the point you want to action the code Press F12 Code will be actioned

If you want to leave code in the Console but not have it actioned put // in front as per the other lines you will see in the console.

Hope this helps

:cheers

As it turned out, I didn't need the console. Angelique was in town but not talking. I found him at the beach but not talking, so went to the fort. When I got out of the fort she was in town but not talking. He was where he was supposed to be and talked. Everything went well after that. I don't know why it hung up the first time, but that quest is complete.

Back