• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anno 1404

Premium4

Captain Victorious
Storm Modder
G'day all!
After a long spell I put my hand in my pocket to buy a PC game from Ubisoft called Anno 1404.
Having played Anno 1701 I thought 1404 should be ok, but that was a big mistake!!
First the game is resource hungry!! If you don't have a highend Video card and a latest expensive
Computer, forget it! First the support is terrible as after 2 weeks of writing I'm still waiting!
Second the protection is shocking!!! Starforce all over again and in it's worst version yet!!!
It doesn't surprise that these silly people go bankrupt!!! What are they protecting against, the
honest customer???!! Well, I should have known better and that is most certainly my last purchase of
a PC game.... :modding :modding :modding :modding

was curious bout the game,seen it at best buy while looking for coas.but i know to avoid it now

Actually, it doesn't use Starforce, it uses the same copy protection scheme as CoAS, TAGES, just implemented a bit differently. It also requires you to be connected to the internet to even install the game, even though there is no multiplayer component! It also has a limit of 3 installs ...ever! I wrote up some previews on it back a few months ago. Having been a big fan of this games predecessors, 1503 and 1602(not that fond of 1703!} I was really looking forward to it! When I found out the kind of copy protection scheme it was using I abandoned it completely. This has got to be some of the worst copy protection I have ever seen in a game! The PC game industry is slowly killing it's self with crap like this.

yeah it's a shame.was hoping it was a good game to feed my craving for old time
sailing/pirate games.damn sid miers pirates for getting me hooked on these types of
games and potc build mod for keeping me hooked :razz

I just ran across this information... apparently there was such an outcry about the draconian copy protection schemes employed in Anno 1404, Ubisoft actually removed the TAGES system with it's 1.1 patch! Ubisoft never officially announced that they did this with the patch, so that's why I am just now finding out about it. This is good news! I may actually go ahead and purchase the game now.

Ubisoft Quietly Removes Tages From Dawn Of Discovery - Disc Version ONLY
Wednesday, 28 October 2009 04:58
Written By Ulysses Mockett

The news wasn’t official nor mentioned in its vast technical log, but the latest 200 MB patch released by Ubisoft on 7th October 2009 came with a nice addition of removing the activation element for Anno 1404, or Dawn of Discovery for the Disc Version Only. It’s a welcoming sign by Ubisoft to reward current and interested fans of the Medieval/Oriental/Arabian RTS franchise by sunsetting Tages, a move which was also welcomed with open arms by CD Projekt and their medieval-fantasy RPG, The Witcher.

The 1.1 patch, along with its extensive elaboration on their fixes and alterative download spots, can be found on their official website. There is also a link on Tage’s official website where gamers can download their DRM removal tool should there be issues with the DRM-removal process through the 1.1 patch. Any issues or queries relating to Anno: 1404 in general can be found at the only English-speaking Anno forum Ubisoft has to offer.

Please note that the patch doesn't work for the Downloaded versions... Only for the Disc Version.

You can download the patch from Ubisoft's official page HERE.

After been hooked to Anno 1404 for the last week or so i'm starting to tire of it now, i have to admit i had hours of fun but after a while you start falling asleep playing and thats when you know its not so fun any more. xD:

I did that too after getting the hang of it and playing the heck out of it for about a month. xD: Think I'll try going back to it in a bit and see if that still happens - it's strange a strategy game can make you go to sleep. Must be the music. :yes

I was trying to find better way's to lay things out to be more effiecent, i uploaded my game save so you can take a look. I was working on a few things at the time so my mind wasn't fully focused on the game but it wasn't to bad. I didn't want to wipe the AI out because then the game would be boring. http://www.mediafire.com/file/48c5czt1442ccjx/Anno%201404%20Save.7z

Usually what I did was try and use one space in each settlement's warehouse as a ship-to-ship transfer point. That tended to cut down on ships waiting to load and unload at my and the AI's ports. I nearly went mad making trade routes, though. xD: Then the game crashed and corrupted my save. :urgh

I never did think of lining the ports with storehouses, though - that's a really good idea. :onya I tended to overdevelop Wolf's Haven with housing, then had to resupply it with resources from my other settlements that I'd intended to sell. Needless to say, I need more practice at playing the game. :cheeky

Back