• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Announcing Buccaneers!, a new Pirate Game from Skyward Digital

Although I can't help feeling a bit disappointed each time a new pirate/nautical game is announced and is always set in the Caribbean. As I always say, and maybe it's only me, I fear the genre is stagnant because new settings are not being explored, and even very different games produce a deja vu effect with all the old tropes of palm trees, lush jungle islands, yohoho and bottles of rum, which I have nothing against but I'm getting tired of.
I totally get what you mean. The Caribbean is what I'd consider the "easy" option as it's what we're most familiar with. In this case, it also fits well with our fictional premise of a united pirate faction making a comeback after the end of the Golden Age of Piracy, with the goal of capturing colonies for their own gains. (I'll expand on this premise later! :wp)

That said, I've been reading the first couple of Aubrey/Maturin books lately, and that's got me wanting to explore the Mediterranean as a setting. That's probably beyond the scope of this game, but we'll see how it goes after launch.

So i loaded COAS up today and was back in game with a smile on my face remembering the good times. I come here and all i can say is congrats @Armada you fully deserve all the success bud, its good to see a hobby turn into a living. I will have to get this game when it comes out.

Last edited:
@Armada Your welcome and thanks bud its been a while, for a few years this was my virtual home so to speak had lots of fun and learned a lot at the same time and met some incredible modders and people in general such as your self. Keep up the good work and here's to this game been a big hit for you.

Back