• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Another question about flags

Is the current version of ENGINE.exe linked to the mod? The original game had no custom flags or different periods, so unless the current one does something with custom flags, it has to be something in the mod failing to trigger event "GetRiggingData".
ENGINE.exe is effectively still identical to the stock game. Only changes we could make to it is to replace the icon and splash screen.
@konradk added a bunch of copied/HEX-edited flag DLL files to the MODULES folder to get the Different Flags mod to be possible.
He basically had to "fake" editing the engine and "fool" the game in several substantial ways. It's weird... :oops:

I'll include your version in the next upload, without the trace statements.

But I've just noticed something very odd.
Code:
ref procGetRiggingData()
{
   int n;
   int retVal = 0;

... lots of stuff to assign a value to retVal...

return &retVal;
}
Why does the compiler allow that? Does whatever calls "procGetRiggingData" want a reference or an integer? If it wants a reference, no wonder things are going screwy! If it wants an integer, perhaps "procGetRiggingData() should be declared as 'int' rather than 'ref'? If it doesn't need a value at all, perhaps "procGetRiggingData" should be 'void'?

I'll include your version in the next upload, without the trace statements.

But I've just noticed something very odd.
Code:
ref procGetRiggingData()
{
   int n;
   int retVal = 0;

... lots of stuff to assign a value to retVal...

return &retVal;
}
Why does the compiler allow that? Does whatever calls "procGetRiggingData" want a reference or an integer? If it wants a reference, no wonder things are going screwy! If it wants an integer, perhaps "procGetRiggingData() should be declared as 'int' rather than 'ref'? If it doesn't need a value at all, perhaps "procGetRiggingData" should be 'void'?

I can assure you the snippet you show is correct, as-is; return a reference to the int retVal.

Back