• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Antialias

gandalf8211

Landlubber
Is there a way to enable some antialias in this game? Anyone tried to force it by nvidia control panel maybe? results? thanks!

You have to turn off HDR to enable antialiasing (or use some obscure driver hack that I've never used myself and thus can't provide any details about).

well, i was looking for something more specific about the game itself...
Sordid do u mean i have to turn hdr off and antialias on in the nvidia control panel? thx

well, i was looking for something more specific about the game itself...
Sordid do u mean i have to turn hdr off and antialias on in the nvidia control panel? thx

You run config.exe and uncheck the post-processing checkbox, that gets rid of it. Then you enable antialiasing in the nvidia control panel (assuming you don't have it on by default, which I do) and you're all set. You do lose the blurriness, but as far as I'm concerned that's a plus. Generally speaking, it's a pain to get post-processing to work with anti-aliasing, only very few games support that and IMO it's not really worth it anyway.
I wasn't actually entirely correct there, COAS doesn't have HDR, just simple old bloom. True HDR I can understand, but why would anyone want to reproduce what in real film and photography is an undesirable artifact is beyond me. It's the same thing with lens flare, back in the nineties when graphics cards became able to handle 3D graphics decently, all the game developers started slapping lens flare into their games just because it was something they were suddenly able to do. Nowadays it's bloom, and just like lens flare it makes no sense and in most cases it's horribly overdone and makes the game look like crap.

Back