• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Antigua cellar has no door

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Antigua has recently been given an overhaul to make the pier wider. The building with the cellar entrance, which used to have a row of doors of which one led to the cellar, now only has one door and it's not the one for the cellar:

Either the texture needs to be edited to create a replacement cellar door, or the cellar entrance locator needs to be moved to match the one remaining door.

The model file that we put in directly from CoAS and I didn't check out thoroughly for differences with the original version.
Is there a different unused door that could be put to use? That would probably make for the easiest solution.

Alternate ideas are some location remodeling or a a BuildingSet door, but those aren't ideal solutions.

The model file that we put in directly from CoAS and I didn't check out thoroughly for differences with the original version.
Is there a different unused door that could be put to use? That would probably make for the easiest solution.
There's another door visible a little way to the right, but it has no locator. I don't think there are any other doors waiting to be opened to somewhere, and anyway the current cellar location is supposed to be an abandoned hospital - ask any patrolling guard when you're not playing "Hornblower", so you get the normal dialog instead of the story version.

we could just make a locator there. thats not such a problem...
would that fit the story etc?

A door but no locator? In case the simplest solution might be too move the locator to the new door. Then no code changes would be needed at all.

What we did was to use the CoAS location model but kept the old locator file without any further changes.

I think the hospital was meant to become another Maltese Knight Abbey style creepy place, but that feature was never started on.

Either the texture needs to be edited to create a replacement cellar door, or the cellar entrance locator needs to be moved to match the one remaining door.

A door but no locator? In case the simplest solution might be too move the locator to the new door. Then no code changes would be needed at all.
:onya

The cellar doesn't feature in the "Hornblower" storyline but the hospital is mentioned by a patrol guard if you're playing anything other than "Hornblower". So is the fact that there seems to be some way for miscreants to sneak into the base, which is a hint to look behind the waterfall and find the back way into the cellar.

Last edited:
Oh, shop the cellar is just a secret entrance that doesn't have any storyline use?

The Antigua cellar has no significance in the "Hornblower" storyline. However, I have just remembered that it is significant to the "Bartolomeu o Portugues" storyline, specifically The Battle of Aguadilla in which you are required to enter St. John's through the cellar, and then exit the same way.

That is partly my fault as I found a port in COAS that matches up pretty well, but right at that point two walls are merged so you can not see the door. I do not know what it would take to remove one wall so the door can be seen. Or just move the door locator.

Unless there are massive story problems that arise from moving the locator, that should be a good solution.
If necessary dialog can be rewritten so that it still makes sense.
It is nice to have a wider pier though as that was definitely a common complaint about that port.

If the locator is only being moved a few feet to the right to match up with the one remaining door in the hospital building then storyline and dialog shouldn't notice any difference.

If you give me the location (id and model) and where the locator should lead I'll fix it.

Locations[n].id = "Antigua_port";
Locations[n].filespath.models = "locations\Town_StJohns";

The "Door_7" needs to be moved to a nearby unused spot that actually has a door in the model.

Thanks for looking into it! :cheers

For clarity's sake, the four reload-related locators need moving here to match with the only door left:
upload_2015-8-7_17-13-42.png

As it doesn't make much sense to have the C.S.Forester "storyteller" character standing in front of a Cellar door, I have now moved him to a different and less visible location.

Back