• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Antigua ctd

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I've been doing the side quests with good luck until now. I even did the treasure quests at Turks for the first time! Also finished the quest of the kidnapped children for the first time too. I was about ready to start the governor's daughter quest that I think has you meeting Davey Jones. Did the Angelique Moulin quest up to the point of going to Antigua and ran into a problem. No matter where I start from or how I get there it ctd's at the "land ho" message. Is there any way to get that island back in the game without it ctding? Methinks I need Antigua for other quests and don't want to start all over again.

Please enable error logging and post your system, compile (and error) here as soon as it CTDs ;)

Ok, here are the files. They are kinda big because I started in Grenada, then went to Jamaica, St. Martins, and the south side of Nevis. The fractals/tearing was bad there, but were not around anywhere else. Then turned south and ctd'ed.

Me neither. :modding

What if you start a new game as Horatio Hornblower, then play the story until you can set sail?
That starts on Antigua, so then you can check if the island crashes the game on a new game too.

Ok..... It will probably work fine tho. The game starts out playing really well, but over time errors develop and it slows down and gets progressively buggier until it dies.

I'm playing Horatio Hornblower now. Sailed away from Antigua fine, but there was no Lt. Buckland at Guadaloupe. Scratch that. I read the walkthrough and all is well now. I see the quest comes back to Antigua.

Storyline specific errors? I have only played NH before. I am now playing HH, and last night after being released from the prison on Cuba, during the trip to Jamaica I was intercepted by 4 French ships. We had a nice cat and mouse chase shooting out each others sails, but one of the French ships had no flags/pennants. That is a red flag to me indicating that errors are creeping in. Further playing will give more info. :))

I've seen some French ships without flags as well a couple of days ago.
No idea where those come from. Maybe the French really ARE evil? :rofl

Since then I encountered two Spanish ships, one with flags and one without, two American ships with flags, two Pirate ships that were too far away to see anything, two Dutch ships during a storm at night where I couldn't see a thing, and two English ships both with flags.

I've run into a new (to me) problem tho. I am in "retribution" and sailed to Cayman, landed, and then saved and exited. Later I tried to restart the game and now it shows the small box with the ship and then ctd's when it is about to show the cannonball blasting off. I'm stuck and really don't want to re-install. If I saved the save files would it pick up where I left off?

The problem appears to be a corrupted "options" folder. It now starts, although I haven't started playing it yet.

Onward through the fog! :rumgone

After some false starts the game is working fine. Made it to Antigua and am fighting a land battle there.

Back