• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Any news about the Flying Dutchman by AG

glogoglo

Landlubber
lol
im searching for about a month for this ship and still finding sh*t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRoCChtzyI0

A second thread about the same ship??? You, my dear friend shall walk the plank
thwalkplank.gif

See the other thread. I think someone said it won't be available till 2012

I do not anticipate us ever getting that model, to be honest. And it certainly didn't need another thread. :rolleyes:
Our current custom model by Inzane/ZarethPL is very good itself, and I have plans to improve on a couple of features using Maya eventually.
What is it about that version of the ship that our version doesn't have?

Personally I'm pretty happy with what we have
Exactly; you're not alone mate. ;)
The only thing I really need to do is remove the skeleton figurehead for the uncursed Dutchman. Other than that, the model can't be improved much.

I've seen our CursedDutchman model as well and from what I've seen from the beta 2 promo video we also have an uncursed version and it looks spot on.

Is it true that glogoglo here posted about this ship twice?

If so that IS a bit much. Well I ocasionally get over-exited about certain projects here on PA I certainly won't make multiple threads about them with such projects. I prefer to try to check in on personally tracked projects on a weekly basis (unless I hear about things on them sooner) as I know any projects take time.

You Armada are pretty good at posting your project updates (often before my weekly check-ins) or letting people know ahead of time what you're up to when you're not doing a certain project of interest. :yes

You recently stated on the Trinity project that you'd be busy testing beta 2 as well as collage stuff therefore I know that I don't need to check-in on that project this week and that I can wait for the following week to check-in. :doff

Knowing what people are up to when not doing a tracked project is equally as useful as project progress. It sure beats not knowing what's going on and wondering if your project of interest has been abandoned (which was the case for me for the longest time with the FWzP) and getting discouraged.

sorry guys for posting this thread 2 times
i dont want to piss off
but this ship has a lil bit more details
i think that almost everybody wants something better
merry christmass and a happy new year guys
have a good time

Nobody would object to better versions, but as it is, it appears that this version isn't been released publicly and the one we've got is really very good on its own.

Is this not the same version that is supposed to be in Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own?
If so, are these files now available somewhere by any chance?

Figures. Really unfortunate, it looked like a very good model. :facepalm

Im working to enhance our very nice dutchman of build 14 but i think it maybe will have too many parts in the model for real development in next build. So ill keep it private for my storm engine only

Im working to enhance our very nice dutchman of build 14 but i think it maybe will have too many parts in the model for real development in next build. So ill keep it private for my storm engine only

Then it doesn't concern us at all. Why bother telling us?

I didn't say that. I just want to know why we need to know that you're making models that we'll never get to use or see. This section of the forum was created, as I see it, for the benefit of the community, after all. Please continue, by all means, but just know that it's atypical to post here saying that you're making a model that we can't use.

Figures. Really unfortunate, it looked like a very good model. :facepalm

I had a look at the video. This thing has been around for over two years. I don't understand how this can be a license issue :shrug

If its in the official game PO:TEHO then were rights purchased from Disney to use the ship?

If not, then I'm assuming it was made by one of Blackmark's artists or a fan. If it's released free by the studio or the modeller, then no rights are being violated because no royalties are being collected by a non-owning party - so it's completely legal.

I just don't get it?

Not that I'm a fan of the ship anyway. Most of you know how I feel about the Dr. Tongue "spooookey scarrreey magical voodoo fantasy flim-flam. :D

MK

If I understand correctly, the makes of PO:TEHO did make this model, but were not allowed to include it in the official game release because they don't have the rights from Disney.
The model has never been released to the public; or at least, nobody of us ever managed to find it anywhere.

People who got the model and the video of the ship textures, missing only import the files into the POTC, I can send folders by email.

Back