• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

anyone else have this happen

rkimbal45

Landlubber
I'm in the tutorial stage and at some point(it seems to change randomly) when I press enter, I see all options(fast travel, talk, take, etc) but none of them do anything and I can't talk to malcolm or continue the tutorial or even leave the cabin? Is it something I'm doing?

I'm in the tutorial stage and at some point(it seems to change randomly) when I press enter, I see all options(fast travel, talk, take, etc) but none of them do anything and I can't talk to malcolm or continue the tutorial or even leave the cabin? Is it something I'm doing?
Try pressing F1 to go to menu and then go back to the game (works for me occasionally) ;)

That usually happens when you open the Options menu while in the game.
It's recommended to not do that. If you need to change options, make a save first,
then change your options, then reload the save.

That usually happens when you open the Options menu while in the game.
It's recommended to not do that. If you need to change options, make a save first,
then change your options, then reload the save.

So once you've done that, if you forgot to make save you're hosed, right?

Well, if you change the options, you trigger a weird bug that prevent you from doing anything further.
Reloading an earlier save will get you around that. :shrug

i don't remember this bug occuring in build 13, or build 14 alpha 6 update 2. recent then.

Yes, it is a weird bug, but it's easily avoided if you're aware of it.
We don't have any in-depth bugfixers, like Hook, IncredibleHat, Maximus or Pirate_KK,
present at this time so we don't stand much chance on doing anything about it.

Back