• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Anyone have a list of Mods?

Bjardok

Landlubber
Hey!

So i just started playing SD TEHO after knowing about it for years, but for some reason never playing it.
I recently kinda got hooked on pirate themed games after playing Blood & Gold Caribbean! (very fun game btw, not the best naval combat but i still recommend it to any pirate fan!) but back to the point. I was wondering if anyone have a list of the mods worth having this game has and where to find them and if they still work. i dont know how big the modding community is but i mod any game i can mod since i just think mods always add nice flavor to games.

Or i have heard some of the other SD/pirate games have a bigger modding comunities, if you think i should try that out first.

Thanks!

Last edited:
For now have a look at the pinned threads, you should find a few mods there.
I will make a thread that has a list of all the mods available here, but it is going to have to wait until I find the time.

@Pieter Boelen Can i ask you a qustion? i was wondering what your opinion on the Sea Dogs games wich one is the best and more "open/freeplay" since TEHO semes more story based than COAS. I usualy enjoy sandbox games alot more than a story game
PotC with New Horizons has a freeplay mode, there is also COAS that has questlines but you can easily ignore them; and there is CT which is purely freeplay.

If you want help with CT I can't help you, but @Cerez probably can.

I usualy enjoy sandbox games alot more than a story game
Then give Caribbean Tales a whirl with my patches. The seas are open to you, your story is what you create. There's no (need for a) predetermined storyline. This is what I like about CT the best -- the freedom to use your imagination and shape your own story, at your own pace, completely unchained.

Last edited:
So based on what i have seen it semes that COAS has the best of both worlds, a mix of freeplay and good mod support.
I will most likely visit all the SD gmaes but i wanted to start somewhere. Its not like they are expensive, but im a poor student so i cant buy all of them heh.
So if anyone of you can point me in the right direction and recommend what good mods there are i would really appreciate it :doff

@The Nameless Pirate @Cerez @Pieter Boelen

Last edited:
@Pieter Boelen Can i ask you a qustion? i was wondering what your opinion on the Sea Dogs games wich one is the best and more "open/freeplay" since TEHO semes more story based than COAS. I usualy enjoy sandbox games alot more than a story game

Thanks!
TEHO has a pretty fixed story from what I understand, so that likely wouldn't be your first choice.
CoAS is free play with several long and involved quests.
Caribbean Tales is basically free play only, with only very light story content included.

PotC (with New Horizons) offers a lot of everything.
Most storylines don't force you to follow along.
Some even specifically encourage you to do your own thing once in a while.
The specific Free Play storyline skips having a main quest altogether.

There are all sorts of scripted sidequests available with various lengths and complexity.
None are mandatory.
Most you can choose to start; and often you can then decide to not start them then but maybe do so later.
A select few trigger instantly in certain locations, but after their fixed opening you can choose to ignore them again.

Sounds to me like CoAS is a very decent place for you to start. :onya

I play sea dog and coas and I have to tell you for my personal opinion that with the two fantastic mods NH and GoF, the guys here worked wonders..the original games were full of bugs and crashes..so much to trash and abandon immediately ..but with the mods the gameplay is fantastic and trust me to spend hours with them .. I had always played pirate themed even assassin Creed black flag..beautiful graphics but zero substance, here you can admire the immense work that these guys have done and I find it amazing .. I will never tire of playing both NH and Coas ... good life .. and good surfing

I play sea dog and coas and I have to tell you for my personal opinion that with the two fantastic mods NH and GoF, the guys here worked wonders..the original games were full of bugs and crashes..so much to trash and abandon immediately ..but with the mods the gameplay is fantastic and trust me to spend hours with them .. I had always played pirate themed even assassin Creed black flag..beautiful graphics but zero substance, here you can admire the immense work that these guys have done and I find it amazing .. I will never tire of playing both NH and Coas ... good life .. and good surfing
You also played AC IV: Black Flag before? Personally I found the whole atmosphere inside the whole game simply amazing. Wish I could be there once in a lifetime on one of these beautiful Caribbean islands over there. A dream could be true...

:pirates:pirateraft

yes AC Black Flag is a beautiful game, let's say more from consoles .. excellent music excellent effects .. very cinematic .. but still limited .. and naval combat .. very simple ... I find Potc and Coas with their respective mods much more convolgenti..you are right .. soon I will post you my gift of my 40 years..which I did by going to visit the port of Genoa here in Italy ... I anticipate only that I think anyone here on the forum in mine situation had to count the emotion and feel like a pirate for a day ... hello brother

Back