• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Anything new since I been away ?

will0170

parttime farmer fulltime pirate
Public Relations
Any new Pirate games ? I have been playing World of Warcraft so much lately , just wondering whats new around PA .

When were you last here? I can't remember. I've not been quite active myself due to work, but that is about to change as per tomorrow.

Anyway, PotC Build Mod and CoAS Gentlemen of Fortune modpacks are still being worked on and getting better and better.
Be sure to check out the latest versions of both!

Hey Pete are you captain of that tub you were on yet ? It's been near a year since I was on here . The good news is I finally have fast internet , so I plan on trying all the new mods you guys have made . I couldn't download them before with super-slow internet . Last mod I tried was build 14 . Just was wondering if there were any good new pirate games out there .

Hey, will!

Risen 2 is about the newest pirate-themed game there is, but it has no ship combat and is purely a run around and fetch this and fight that kind of RPG like the old Gothic games. They gutted large parts of the game before release to sell back as future addon content, too, even though most of that stuff is included in your download on Steam or on your disc from the retail copy. Reading Steam's sub-forum for the game is...entertaining, to say the least.

Port Royale 3 also came out a few days ago, but reviews make it sound more trading-focused than ever, and not a whole lot of pirate-related stuff to do. I don't own it though, so I can't really give much of a review on it. :) I know Thagarr and a few others bought it, so maybe they'll be able to tell you what's what with it.

Ahoy will, welcome back mate.

Port Royale 3 is the only new game I know of that has ship combat in it, Risen 2 is simply a standard fantasy RPG that thought a pirate theme would be cool. If you played PR 2, it is pretty much the same with only a few minor changes, the graphics however are vastly improved and it really looks fantastic. There is also multiplayer, which I haven't tried yet. The only real drawback at the moment is it is only available on Steam and there have been a lot of problems with people getting it to run, as usual with anything on Steam. The box retail version will be released in September for Xbox and PC.

There is a new game in the works that is supposed to be out Q2 2012 called Raven's Cry, but I don't have much hope for that one as it is basically miking Disney's cash cow, including supernatural hokum and a kraken. :rolleyes:

I looked into Port Royale 3 , figured I'd wait to get it when the price goes down . Didn't look like it was worth 40 bucks to me . Just downloaded Patrician 4 , It finally went down to 19 bucks on Amazon . Tried to get it through the site Keith recomended , but it wouldn't take my card or something , still not sure what that was about . Haven't played Patrician 4 yet , been to busy fishing today ;) . Try it tommorrow . Always loved Patrican 3 .

Nope, no captain yet. But I'll be Second Officer next contract. It's another step. :)

Back