• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Aop: CoAS Trainer?

SessionExpired

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,

I'm wondering if trainers for this game are allowed to be posted.
- I am currently working on making a Trainer for this game.
(A Trainer is a Program that changes the games memory for a desired effect, Such as freezing your health, etc)

It's a hard task since this game uses DMA (Dynamic Memory Allocation) meaning the memory address that holds a certain value for something, such as Health, is created during the game, and wont be the same everytime you start the game, it will be different everytime. - Usually games memory addresses are Static, Not dynamic, which makes trainer making easy, But since this game uses DMA, it is harder, but not impossible.

So i wanted to know if i am able to create this trainer, That i can post it here.
- I will virus scan it for you, Post the results, Send it to a Staff member for them to Scan it first to verify if you like. - It MAY come up as a virus on some Anti viruses but that would be a false positive since it would be detecting the use of Hotkeys in the trainer (Trainer created in TMK).

So if a Staff member can reply and let me know if it's allowed to post a trainer here then i will if i am able to get it to work correctly.

If not, then no problem, I'll post it elsewere. :shrug

I guess you could, I don't think anyone would care, though I'm not sure why you'd bother, as it already has cheat/testing modes you can turn on with trivial changes in the scripts.

Half the code is completely open for modifying, so it's pretty easy to change the game itself to make whatever key do whatever you want.

Indeed if you make such a trainer, feel free to post it.
But I think what you propose could indeed be more easily done by just modifying the game's code itself. :shrug

I guess you could, I don't think anyone would care, though I'm not sure why you'd bother, as it already has cheat/testing modes you can turn on with trivial changes in the scripts.

Half the code is completely open for modifying, so it's pretty easy to change the game itself to make whatever key do whatever you want.

Your right, But,
Some people edit there capeabilities for there chracters in the games files all to 10, but after a while what if they dont wan tto start with 10 capabilities? they have to go back into the files they edited and change them back, and what if they changed quite allot of files? Such as ship data and such, Retriving the backups and such wont take long but still some people dont want to go through the hassle of it. - So incomes the trainer. No editing of the game files, You chose what you want to go on in ythe game, Say you want 100 Leadership instantly yet you dont have Debug mode on? youl have to start an entire new game after editing the mod_on_off file to turn it on just to chnage your stats.

I find trainers a easier solution, you can change your stats and such without the need of editing files, keeping backups, and such. - Just turn on the trainer, hit a hotkey and done!

=P

Edit: Also, Even if you script your own keys to do what you want, Some people wont understand how to do it. - And what if you reinstalled the game? Youl need to edit the script files yet again, yet with a trainer, you can easily just run it.

Back