• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Apparent Wrong Nation for Grenada Smugglers Lair

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
I don't usually use false flags onto the islands, as I feel more confident if I don't get close to those forts (Nothing to be with this problem; it is just I like being around the pirates). Last time I remember using a false flag was on Antigua, to do a smuggler quest.

Also, one question: The Smuggler's Lair on Sao Jorge appears on the colonies as Pirate, but its relations are like a city from Portugal. Is this intended? Because once I tried to sell my goods there, the store keeper refused to trade with me (I didn't have bad reputation).

Unfortunately no; I Have to restart again the campaign because it is now very laggy.
Is that also a game where you are hostile to whatever nation governs Grenada?
If so, can you try to replicate that behaviour and post a save? That would definitely speed up the fixing.

Is that also a game where you are hostile to whatever nation governs Grenada?
If so, can you try to replicate that behaviour and post a save? That would definitely speed up the fixing.
Of course. I will try to do it ASAP. I won't be able to do more testing next week though; I'm busy with exams on September.

@HellSailor: Was this with Leonardo Violate?
I think I have found the error in PROGRAM\Characters\init\StoreOwners.c:
Code:
  //==============================| Smugglers Town |==============================//

ch.old.name = "Leonardo";
   ch.old.lastname = "Violate";
   ch.name = TranslateString("","Leonardo");
   ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Violate");
   ch.id     = "Leonardo Violate";
   ch.model   = "Pirat2"; // Estharos Change from man2 to this model
   ch.sex = "man";
   ch.location   = "Smugglers_Store";
   ch.location.group = "sit";
   ch.location.locator = "sit1";
   ch.Dialog.Filename = "Leonardo Violate_dialog.c";
   ch.greeting = "Gr_QC Citizen";
   ch.nation = PIRATE; // PB: was PORTUGAL

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. You say that Leonardo Violate (The store owner of Smuggler's Lair) is supposed to be a pirate but has the relations of a Portuguese?

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. You say that Leonardo Violate (The store owner of Smuggler's Lair) is supposed to be a pirate but has the relations of a Portuguese?
I mean that he was set up to be a Portuguese character for some reason, rather than a Pirate one.
If you look in your game code, you'll see that last line is ch.nation = PORTUGAL;
That should completely explain the issue you reported. Changing that to PIRATE like I did above should solve the problem on a New Game.

Ahhh, Ok, now I understand. I will try to see that if it works. It doesn't work with F11?
I don't think so. But this executed through console should do the trick:
Code:
characters[GetCharacterindex("Leonardo Violate")].nation = PIRATE;

@HellSailor: Have you been able to test my above suggestion? I think this is now "Fixed", but I'd like your confirmation if possible.

Hmm... I can't confirm if it has worked... Now in my storyline as a merchant with an EITC passport AND hostile to Portugal and the pirates, I could easily trade with Leonardo Violate. No LoM though. I will need more testing.

Hmm... I can't confirm if it has worked... Now in my storyline as a merchant with an EITC passport AND hostile to Portugal and the pirates, I could easily trade with Leonardo Violate. No LoM though. I will need more testing.
If you're hostile with Portugal and he DOES trade with you, it sounds like it fixed. That only makes sense too.
For a pirate merchant, as long as you don't have a LoM, they'll trade also with hostile players. :yes

Back