• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ardent storyline: cant find fisherman

@Grey Roger . Dont worry about the music its alright. I always turn the music of
in my game, I dont like music in the background, I like it only if there is a reason
for it like the wedding ore some musicians are playing etc. It goes for movies too.
But I dont understand why I heard music first time I was in the Church, the music
was off in the options menu then? Odd but I think its only my problem.:shrug

Does that mean you did get the music after all, at least if you turned it back on? It certainly ought to play, though I don't know whether the "PlayStereoOgg" command which I used to play it obeys the general music setting. It may be that whatever code handles the background music checks the setting and only plays if the setting is on. In that case, "PlayStereoOgg" in the storyline code would play the music regardless of the music setting.

Switch music on, replay the wedding and see if the music does play. If not, download that full size original version, put it into the music folder and try again.

Meanwhile, you'll need to wait a bit for the next chapter - it's still being developed...

@Grey Roger The music are playing when I switch it on.
For some reason Fast Travel disappeared after the wedding night!

In that case, that's as far as the story goes for now.

Put this in "console.c":
Code:
DisableFastTravel(false);
That ought to restore your fast travel.

Thanks! I will wait for the next chapter, looking forward to it:D

@Grey Roger Is there any reasons,for me, to keep my Ardent savegame.
I mean can I continue, after the wedding, with your new content, when
you are posting it? :popcorn:

Unless changes are made to the character/location init files, any storyline updates should generally work on an existing savegame.
There are also ways to update character/location init code through console. So you could keep that save safe for a while, just in case.

That being said, I wonder if @Grey Roger would consider adding "storyline jumpstarts" like most of the other mod-added storylines have.
Those tend to be quite convenient for testing purposes.

Good, thanks. Yes I have been happy about those jumpstarts in my "tester career"

@Grey Roger Is there any reasons,for me, to keep my Ardent savegame.
I mean can I continue, after the wedding, with your new content, when
you are posting it? :popcorn:
No, you will need to start a new game. This is because the next bit involves several new characters who are not defined in your savegame, and as character definitions are only read at the start of a game then they'll still be undefined after you install the next version. Also, events immediately after the wedding are going to change a bit, rendering the savegame obsolete.

That being said, I wonder if @Grey Roger would consider adding "storyline jumpstarts" like most of the other mod-added storylines have.
Those tend to be quite convenient for testing purposes.
I've been considering it, but always it comes down to a choice between diverting to that or continuing to develop the next bit, and the next bit always gets priority. :p Besides, jumpstarts may have uses for testing but jumping ahead in the storyline means you get to an advanced point with your initial skills, which may not end too well if the advanced point assumes you've been playing a while and have levelled up, then throws something at you which you can't easily handle. Of course, if you're using a jumpstart then you're using cheatmode, so you can make yourself immortal. So it has some use for testing but not much for playing the game.

No, you will need to start a new game. This is because the next bit involves several new characters who are not defined in your savegame, and as character definitions are only read at the start of a game then they'll still be undefined after you install the next version.
There are ways around that. See PROGRAM\Reinit.c;
that one contains an example of a character that is initialized as if he were in the character init files but works also after pressing F11.

I've been considering it, but always it comes down to a choice between diverting to that or continuing to develop the next bit, and the next bit always gets priority. :p Besides, jumpstarts may have uses for testing but jumping ahead in the storyline means you get to an advanced point with your initial skills, which may not end too well if the advanced point assumes you've been playing a while and have levelled up, then throws something at you which you can't easily handle. Of course, if you're using a jumpstart then you're using cheatmode, so you can make yourself immortal. So it has some use for testing but not much for playing the game.
Testing is specifically why those jumpstarts were created in the first place. They become increasingly useful as the storyline becomes longer.

As for the skill issue, there are two ways around that. One is, as you say, to just let the player use the Cheatmode to take care of any such discrepancies.
Alternatively, you can build in level-ups and skill increases in the jumpstart code. I know @Jack Rackham has done that for his storyline. :yes

I have now played through the" Convoy Strike" quest. A god quest I think, well done!
I like the way you have to hunt the ships, to get all three of them.
Lucia shifted her outfit by her self, is it meant to act like it do ?
So well done! and have I played this update to a end?
:pirateraft

I have now played through the" Convoy Strike" quest. A god quest I think, well done!
I like the way you have to hunt the ships, to get all three of them.
Lucia shifted her outfit by her self, is it meant to act like it do ?
So well done! and have I played this update to a end?
Thanks!

The battle with the three ships is just a set-piece battle. It's based loosely on the "Oiseau" incident in the standard storyline, only here you have three opponents instead of one.

Yes, Lucia changes into and out of the cloak as appropriate, while you automatically switch to the soldier's uniform you took back when you were rescuing your crew. Of course, there's nothing preventing you from messing around with the outfits, though if you try to impersonate a Spanish officer while improperly dressed, the governor of Curacao might not be fooled...

That's as far as it goes for now. I'm working on other approaches to the "Convoy Strike" quest for the benefit of people who aren't romantically inclined and don't want to get married. But other quests are also planned...

Actually, there is one more thing you could try, if you haven't already found it. See what happens if Lucia ever finds that any of your ships are carrying silk. ;)

Back