• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ardent storyline: cant find fisherman

@Pieter Boelen: I suppose it wouldn't do any harm. Though at present the interested people are you, me and @ANSEL, and his reports are as likely to be as valid in the "Bug Tracker" subforum as anywhere else. xD (This one about the missing fisherman and subsequent missing Mauricio Juradu, for example. ;))
True, that. The Storyline forums aren't used much and I prefer the Bug Tracker anyway as I always check it.

So this moved to the Bug Tracker instead.

As for your file, please change case "return_to_residence2" to this:
Done, thanks! :cheers

That's odd. Grigorio indeed doesn't say anything.
Here is the compile. If you will give me the right quests_reaction.c file please! I will start the whole quest all
over again then.

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 83
Yes, that "quests_reaction.c" looks alright.

@ANSEL: that "compile.log" seems to have been generated after you'd loaded your savegame in the townhall, which unfortunately is too late. Whatever goes wrong has already gone wrong, so if you start a game and load that savegame, "compile.log" won't record anything in the process of going wrong. I'd need for you to start from outside the townhall, whether before or after the wedding ceremony; go into the townhall; wait a few seconds after the governor has told you that Grigorio will show you to the reception; and then, if nothing happens, quit and send a "compile.log". And, if there is one, "error.log" as well.

If you're going to start over, please post savegames from just before you enter church and from after the church but before entering the townhall. And keep the one from before entering the townhall, because when I've finished what I'm working on, that will be an excellent place from which to test it...

@Grey Roger : For some reasons I cant make Lucia say yes to marry me this time.
Shes at San Juan now, saying its to early for her to take a decision. A console command maybe?

Where in San Juan - at the port or in the area near the church and residence?

Try putting this in "console.c":
Code:
if (CheckAttribute(PChar,"quest.kidnap.bored")) logit("She's getting bored with this place.");
else logit("She's not bored yet.");
Then report which screen message appears. That attribute should have been set by Lucia's dialog file the first time you spoke to her in the residence / church area, when the dialog should have opened like this:
"It's pleasant to see you again. How has life in San Juan been?"
"To be honest, very dull compared to my time at sea."
If that dialog hasn't happened then something odd is going on. Savegame, preferably from shortly before you released Lucia, please. (On this occasion a savegame from after the release could be useful if none from before the release is available.)

Failing that, try going to sea, wandering about for a week or two, then return to San Juan and try again. The time delay shouldn't be necessary if Lucia has been released in San Juan but should open up the marriage dialog regardless. (Timing is only supposed to be a factor if she's still in your cabin.)

@Grey Roger : The screen message says:
"She's not bored yet."
So how to make her say: Yes? I have no problem last I played the storyline
Savegame just before talking to Lucia.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Puerto Rico. San Juan. Center. January 5th, 1692.zip
    885 KB · Views: 96
Just to confirm:
You are in the area of San Juan which contains the church and town hall?
The conversation "It's pleasant to see you again. How has life in San Juan been?" has happened?

If so, that screen message means an attribute which should have been set during that conversation has not been set for some reason. I'll need to figure out why. But if you go to sea, wander around for a couple of weeks and then return, Lucia should no longer say that it's too early. My guess is that last time you took long enough to get to San Juan that this happened anyway.

Still no luck with the marriage. I have this error log:

Attachments

• error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 90
The error message is nothing to do with "Ardent" as far as I know, but thanks for posting it anyway. @Pieter Boelen may want to look at that.

Have you reinstalled the game recently? I loaded your savegame and the marriage proposal conversation went perfectly. But then, my game installation is a bit more advanced as I'm working on the next bit.

So then I created a new installation starting with a stock game, then installed the 22nd May update onto it (full install, not "Updates Only"), and copied your savegame into that. This gave the same result as you reported - Lucia said she needed more time. Actually it was I who needed more time because at that point I'd laid the foundation for the marriage but hadn't implemented it, so the dialog didn't go anywhere.

The marriage was fully implemented in the "Ardent" update which you can get from here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/ardent.zip
The link was originally posted here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...a-4-0-public-release.27077/page-2#post-540070
I've updated the zip to include fixes reported in this thread, but not included work in progress, so with any luck this version ought to go the whole way through to the ending in the residence without trying to divert to the next bit.

Incidentally, if you go looking for the monkey, be sure to save game before approaching it. The monkey is... persistent... ;)

I have this error log:
That one has happened since the stock game. @Levis and me tried to fix it at some point, but it won't go away completely.
As far as I've ever been able to tell, it does absolutely no harm. :shrug

My external hard drive is being particularly useless as well.
Computer woes all around. :facepalm

Well now I am a marriage man. @Grey Roger : Here is the savegames you were asking for:

Attachments

• -=Player=- Cuba. Santiago June 10th, 1692.zip
    904.4 KB · Views: 82
  • -=Player=- Cuba. Santiago June 10th, 1692 1.zip
    907.5 KB · Views: 76
  • -=Player=- Cuba. Santiago townhall June 11th, 1692.zip
    896.3 KB · Views: 86
Does that mean you got the wedding to work properly? Or is it still breaking somewhere?

Back