• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ardent storyline no reward

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I just finished the " Inca Temple" Quest. I got no reward for it:(
Udklip.PNG

Attachments

• error.log
    544 bytes · Views: 112
  • compile.log
    13 KB · Views: 112
  • -=Player=- Isla Mona. House October 2nd, 1691.zip
    796.6 KB · Views: 103
A quiver is an item that allows you to carry more arrows.
But arrows are ammo and therefore don't exist with the mod off.

Maybe those other two items should exist, but I don't know if the way their functionality is written, they actually work without arrows.

With Ammo mod on I get all the three items.
But arrows are ammo and therefore don't exist with the mod off.
I always get the Arrows with Ammo mod of, also this time. Only the Curare, Tar and Quiver is missing with Ammo mod of, not
the Arrows. Anyway for now I always will play with Ammo mod on, no reason to have it of.

Ah, of course.

So.... is it possible to enable al those items also if that mod is toggled off?

Looks like they're all inside the if ( ENABLE_AMMOMOD ) check.
It is easy enough to move some outside. But which ones should be moved like that?

Yes it'll be an easy fix. Why not only quiver, tar and curare as they are asked for.

As a preliminary fix, extract attached to PROGRAM\ITEMS, then press F11 and see if that solves it.

EDIT: Yep, you do get the items now. I have no clue if they'll work properly with Ammo Mod OFF though.

Attachments

• initItems.c
    311.2 KB · Views: 120
@Grey Roger: Any comments on this?
Do you want to test if those items actually work with Ammo Mod OFF or are you OK with them just showing up?

I don't even know what they all do anyway. Apart from the quiver, that is, which presumably is irrelevant without the Ammo Mod as its purpose is to allow you to carry more ammo.

@Jack Rackham: what exactly do curare and tar do, and do they work with Ammo Mod off? If not, I'll just have to think of something else as a reward for completing that quest.

Maybe @ANSEL could confirm on the behaviour of these Indian items with Ammo Mod OFF?

Apart from the quiver, that is, which presumably is irrelevant without the Ammo Mod as its purpose is to allow you to carry more ammo.
Except arrows are not "ammo item types", but "blade item types", so they do actually exist even with that mod off.
But I have no clue if they're used then.

what exactly do curare and tar do
They change your arrows into poisoned/flaming.

Back