• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Are inactive/hardly used accounts deleted?

Stallion

Sea Dog
Public Relations
As the topic says, do inactive accounts get deleted on this forum? I can't remember if I read somewhere that they do.

The reason I'm asking is the place we're moving into is so ancient (100 years old+), all it's got is phone wiring in the walls, and because it's in town, dial-up service isn't provided. Another words, I'll be without internet access, for at least one year, possibly more.

The landlord is turning out to be a real dick, and won't allow us to run wiring in the house, even though the ISP has offered to do it properly and for free. Even though the extra wiring would be a feature for future renters, and he wouldn't have to pay to get it done should he sell the house, well, the guy is still being a dick about it. xD:

Oh man, I can't even imagine going a year without Internet access, that really sucks mate! That would be worse than quitting smoking! Some people just refuse to come into the 21'st century. There are alternatives to dialup and cable, but some are a bit more expensive. Have a look HERE! I really hope your able to find a solution, this forum would suffer greatly without your equine smarta.... err, wisdom. :cheeky

As for your forum account, I am pretty sure your safe mate. As far as I know the only accounts that ever get deleted are spam accounts, or accounts that don't have at least one post within a certain amount of time. I believe once you make a certain amount of posts, your account is permanent.

:rofl I think my post count probably qualifies me, then. :cheeky

There is actually a dish on the house, but whoever put it on there used indoor-only cable and ran it both outside and inside. They even ran some of it in the eavestrough, and punched a hole in one of the basement windows and snaked it in through there. Not to mention the seven other places its run in. xD: Renting a house in this province can be...interesting, to say the least. :rolleyes: Did I mention the bullet holes?

I could use one of the computers at the library to get access, but they use something that's slower than dial-up. :shock I think that might be my only option, though.

Inactive accounts are not being pruned. Only spammers are deleted and sometimes we remove 0-post accounts too.
You should be safe though.

Sucks though to not have you on here for a full year. Why are you going to stay in that place???

We're trying to save some money - the economy here is still bad, even though mass media likes to claim it isn't. I've never known so many of my relatives and friends to be out of work at the same time and for so long.

There *might* be a chance for me to get internet - the aforementioned bullet holes in the wall (from a drive-by eight years ago according to the neighbour) are big enough to fit phone lines and coaxial cable through. :cheeky The landlord was too bloody cheap to even fix those, but they were hidden behind a picture when we looked at the place and not really visible from outside.

Any Edmontonians on here will know why the house is the way it is when I say it's in the northeast part of the city. There's currently Russian and Vietnamese gangs having a turf war in this area, so it could get interesting. "Hai! Nyet! BAM!" :woot xD:

If I'm still online on here after the 15th of this month, it means everything's good. If I'm not, well, I'll be hoping we move again soon. :yes

There *might* be a chance for me to get internet - the aforementioned bullet holes in the wall (from a drive-by eight years ago according to the neighbour) are big enough to fit phone lines and coaxial cable through. :cheeky The landlord was too bloody cheap to even fix those, but they were hidden behind a picture when we looked at the place and not really visible from outside.
what kind of a man is that landlord

any reasonable person

would have used duct tape.

Drive by's. :shock Bullet holes. :eek: Russian gangs. :piratesahoy! Turf wars. :2guns We may never see Stallion again. :keith

I am more concerned with that pony invasion ...once those little fillies get their hooks in you, your history! :?

Back