• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Are You Having Problems With COAS?

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
HI to help us help you i think its best to get a topic started that we can use to link to fixes for you and fix problems that have not been been fixed it. But first we need to find out some stuff to help us fix your problem. If you are playing with the combined mod also called community mod then you need to report the problem here in the CoAS Combined Modpack Bugs forum.

If you are playing with any other mods then its fine to report the problem in this topic, this is also the same for those playing the vanilla game. But we need to know some things first.

1. Do you have any mods installed and if so which ones?
2. Have you edited any files yourself?

With that info we can help you out more easily. We might not be able to fix all problems but we can try and this way we can make your game more fun to play and get rid of those irritating problems your having. Bellow i will post links to current fixes to bugs. They are seperate for now and will be combined soon enough, with the info we gather and the fixes we gather we can put them together making an unoffical patch for the vanilla game. While those playing with mods or there own edits we can help fix them and make sure everyone else who installs them can find the fixes to them they need.

Vanilla Fixes.
Crew Walking On Deck
Weather fix
Rat Fix

I have installed the new 3.1.5 CM and now I am getting a Visual C++ runtime error ?, I had some previously edited files in the Characters folder and Ships info. Is that causing the problem ?, and do i need to have the Older versions of the CM mod installed before the newest one or can i just have the newest one ?

Most possible is those files.

Its recomended that you install CMV3.1.5 on a fresh install of COAS and apply any personal edits to CM3.1.5. My advice is uninstall COAS and delete all files and folders (if any) that remain, you can keep backups of the files you have edited but you can't add them over CMV3.1.5.

Install COAS again and if you haven't already download CMV3.1.5 fill exe and install that, load the game to make sure everything works as it should. If the game loads which it should then make backups of all files you wish to edit and then edit those files. Then start the game again, if the game doesn't load or has problems that wasn't there before you know its something you have done and can revert back to your back files to fix the problem(s).

Back