• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

area load /save bug!

Capt. Daniel Wolf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Greetings. I was forced to give up on active POTC modding, since my new work :/ as a security officer. But still got time for some playing.

Recently I installed the english version of Age of Pirates 2.

Started up with Capn' Blood of course :p all is handy and dandy, but a weird, semi-random bug is appearing all the time...

Sometimes when the area changes, and the game is loading a new one, sometimes when I only click on save....

The bug is, that, afetr a short loading, a new loading screen appears, the one with the poor, sitting guy hanging inside a cage, then the game crashes back to main menu, without an error msg, or anything.

At the current point of my play, if I wait with accelerated time, then click save, or enter anywhere, the bug appears all the time... Till this point, it appeared randomly.

Please help, how can I avoid it?

(the error is the same on my PC, and on my laptop...)

Thats a new one i think. I have not played the Blood quest but i do know its very bugged. My advice would be play a new game with another character who has no quest tide to him and see what happens then.

The problem (at least currently wont show up) solved, I restarted the game, and finished the Blood quest without any similar error.

After that, also installed CM315 modpack :p and replayed the Blood quest again... :D

But thats another story, as I left the vanilla game.

Thanks!
Still wondering, what caused the first bug, but I hope it remains a mistery.

Well at least it hasn't shown its self since however its still weird and hopefully like you said it remains hidden and doesn't course problems at some later point in anyones game.

Good to know you've moved onto CMV 3.1.5, hope you have fun and don't come across any more weird and unexplainable bugs.

Back