• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Arg! I be back!

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Ahoy! I apologize for my unusually long absence, just know that I have been playing the build mod from time to time while I was gone and I like the improvements, also, I should be back from now on, no more land drama for me! :thumbs1

Hey, good to see you mate! And welcome back. :doff

Good timing too; we've been making some good progress. But I think you've seen that. :cheeky

Arg! But Pieter, in the beta 2.5 test files, it removed my InternalSettings.h file! Need I make you walk the plank! :walkplank

Also, I have a new windows 8 computer with crazy specs, so now my game never crashes! :ship

Arg! But Pieter, in the beta 2.5 test files, it removed my InternalSettings.h file! Need I make you walk the plank! :walkplank
It doesn't remove ANY files. That's what YOU have to do first! I'm a little confused. :confused:

It removed my InternalSettings.h file somehow... Can you give me one that will work?

This is the one from Beta 2.5 Test Version 3. It'll work with that game version. :yes

Attachments

• InternalSettings.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 119
Thanks, also, I know this sounds weird, but I'll also need the /PROGRAMS/CONTROLS folder with all the files that are supposed to be in it, I think that for some reason, all the files I modified got erased for some reason when I put Beta 2.5 over my beta 2.3. (I altered the controls so that the regular numbers enabled cheats while the quick number commands simply had no control assigned since I don't have a numpad on this laptop and I don't use the quick number things normally anyways.)

Well, I found out the problem, you know how you're not supposed to put it in program files due to weird security issues? Well, It turns out windows 8 has a fun little feature with this game that erases any files you modify when you do that... Bill gates shall walk the plank! Anyways, I still need that entire control folder that's under Program with all the files in the CONTROL folder...

Arg! Now that I moved it, I get a message saying "Runtime error! Program C:/Pirates of the Caribbean/ENGINE.exe abnormal program termination" this comes from the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, now I keep my settings, but can't play....

UPDATE: I'm reinstalling the whole build mod OUTSIDE of program files this time, I'll let you know how it works.

2nd Update: I now realize the problem, it was that I never removed the neccasary folders before installing the test version, ugh, I'm sorry for wasting your time, from now on, I'm just sticking to official releases...

Program Files + not removing folders = PROBLEMS! :whipa
Of course usually I have RunMe.bat take care of the fancy stuff, but haven't done that yet for the intermediate release.
And that still wouldn't rescue you from Program Files problems.

You got it up and running properly now, though?

yeah, it's running fine now, I'll just wait for the official releases now, and I'll probably make a seperate test client for if I want to try and help with something, a couple questions though:

1. Any Progress towards fixing the capture colonies bugs?

and

2. Any Progress towards a final release / what do you want to do before a final release?

and

3. Where's build mod 13? I can't find a download anywhere anymore!

1. We've got to include Pirate_KK's latest code before continuing work on that. That'd the next thing on my To-Do list once Beta 2.5 is released.
Talisman is looking into his code in advance to see if he can make some sense of it already.

2. The idea is to release Beta 2.5 with as many pressing issues fixed so that people can properly enjoy playing it.
Then merge Pirate_KK's work and fix/finish/exclude stuff as appropriate and release that as Beta 3. Next up: Test and fix until finished.

3. Right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod/downloads

Sounds good, there are some very hard working people here, especially yourself, and I hope that soon you can finish this up because now that I have a good computer, I'm looking forward to seeing some form of development release for hearts of oak :)

Tell me these aren't good specs:

8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel 3230M I5 Duo-Core Hyper-threaded Processor @ 2.60 GHz (can turbo boost to 3.01 GHz)
2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Video card
750GB Hard Drive Disk

All on a Laptop that has over a 3 hour battery life! lol

Well, I'm not going to be doing any work on HoO any time soon. Wouldn't have a clue how to.

oh, well, I think your work here is excellent, once the CC bugs are fixed, I'll be happier than a clam, also, how do you change your signature on here now? I'm still figuring out this new interface with the forums...

Update: NVM, I figured it out.

Yeah, sorry figured out the signature thing right before you posted. Also, I agree, POTC just generally seems less buggy with the latest updates, however, I do still seem to come across certain characters that are out the way who can't seem to access their dialog files sometimes, if it wasn't for that, then I'd say that other than the CC mod, the game is bug-free pretty much.

Which characters with missing dialog are those? I know I ran into Claire Larousse the other day, who shouldn't even BE there outside the Standard storyline.
Let me know any characters without dialogs and we can sort them out one way or another. :yes

eh, I forget their names, I'll post here as I find them again and I'll say what storyline I'm playing in too.

Back