• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Armada of the Damned Release Pushed Back

Stallion

Sea Dog
Public Relations
It seems Disney wants to make sure their latest foray into the pirate gaming genre is done right (at least, to their standards :rofl ), and so have rescheduled Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned for a fourth quarter of 2010 release, which means it could pop up anywhere from the start of October 'til the end of the year. Nice big window you've got yourselves there, Disney! You sure this one doesn't star Duke Nukem?

According to various reviews on the 'net, it's shaping up to be a pretty playable little game, albeit one clearly aimed at the console kiddies. Even IGN seems to like it, which in and of itself is a little frightening. xD:

I am sure IGN got paid a pretty good chunk of change to "like it" as well! The last release date I heard was Q1 2011. I bet it mysteriously comes out just before the next POTC movie though, finished or not!

Nope - it's being developed by Propaganda Games, a Vancouver-based Disney-owned operation. They've apparently developed such "hits" as 2008's Turok and...uh...that's it. xD:

Are you sure it got postponed? As far as I know release date has always been 2011.
Kind of makes sense to have it released close to the PotC4 movie anyway.

Not sure about this game yet, but it is a Pirate game so I'll keep an eye on it. At least it looks like to be the best PotC game we got so far.

Yes, I found the first 2010 release date on four or five game sites. Didn't make any sense to me why they'd release it so far ahead of the movie, either. Guess they cottoned on to that, too. xD:

Back