• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Armour removal and Captain/Peter Blood playable model?

Odieman

Powder Monkey
Hi, really enjoying the mod, great work guys :D.

A few years ago when I played this mod, the version I played had a Captain/Peter Blood playable character model (from AOP 2?), possibly at the start of the game (since removed storyline?). Anyway, after having finished Hoist the Colours, the Bartolomeu story, and half of the assassin and half of tales of sea hawk story, I havent once come across this outfit in any of the tailor shops (after possibly a couple of hours spent there).

- So is this model not available anymore, or have I just not found it? If the former I think it would be a nice addition in future releases, if the latter where/how can I aquire it?

- Also, is there any way of disabling the appearence of the armour on my character?, as in whilst still wearing it, it remains hidden? Its not a problem really, but it would be nice for it not to be shown on my Nathaniel Hawk or Blaze Devlin model.

Thanks for your time :)

If you are talking about the Peter Blood character from COAS,I have never seen him
in POTC, but we have a character by that name in the quest" Rescue Peter Bloods Crew"
but I dont think its the one you are missing. You will find Peter Blood at Cayman tavern.

Last edited:
Can't remember if that Peter Blood character model was ever in the game.
I do know we disabled some AoP models because they break the game for some strange reason.

Easiest way to stop armour from showing is to remove the _A#.gm files from your resource\models\characters folder.

@Odieman. If you want to see all character skins in the game, you can
use the console command " Debug = 1" go to chance outfit and scroll
through the skins. By the way you can have a look of all the ships too
in the appearance interface.

I just double-checked and there are a total of four character models in PotC that came from AoP:
"Devlin"
"Espinosa"
"Modyford"
"Morgan"

Any others were either never added or have been removed because they caused bizarre bugs in the game.

I don't think the CoAS Peter Blood model was ever added because we added those characters before CoAS ever existed.

Thanks alot guys, the main purpose of the thread was to find a way to remove armour.

As for the model, when I thought a bit more about it, I must have misremembered, (I think I tried out COAS around the same time I last played this mod).

PS: Pieter Boelen, yeah those 4, and a different variation of Beatrice Devlin are the ones I have encountered.

Back