• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Armoured Danielles

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Among the character models which I "borrowed" from CoAS are armoured variants of the various "Danielle" models. For example, here's Daniell3 showing off the armour types:
daniell3_A1.jpg daniell3_A2.jpg daniell3_A3.jpg daniell3_A3_back.jpg
In sequence: cheap armour, battle armour, gold armour, back of gold armour.

I'm not too happy with the gold armour. For one thing, it has fleur-de-lys symbols, which makes it fine if Danielle3 is used for a French character and not so fine if she's anything else - and even France won't like her wearing that after the revolution, i.e. "Napoleonic" period. More seriously, armour which is showing that much skin over the vital organs isn't doing its job! So the gold armour can be replaced by this:
daniell3_A3_2.jpg daniell3_A3_2_back.jpg
It's basically a gold-plated version of the battle armour, which is what everybody else's gold armour is anyway. Also, I've removed the chain mail undercoat and metal gauntlets, which would be appropriate for someone a few centuries earlier but which would probably be out of place even in "Early Explorers".

So, who wants this in PoTC? Apart from me, that is. :D

Fair enough, I'll import the others. The original "Danielle" can have the CoAS gold armour - she seems to be French even though her name is "Danielle Greene", she has a French-sounding voice greeting, and anyone distracted by the visible charms is going to be an easy target for her sword. :wp (She still won't get the outdated chain mail and gauntlets, though.)

Roxanne Lalliere uses the "9CATa" model, which already has armoured variants similar to those on the "9Ta", "9Tb" and "9Td" models. For example, battle armour:
9CATa_A2.jpg

It would be easy enough to either remake the armoured "9CATa" variants to use the new armour; or copy "9CATa", rename the new model "Roxanne", then use the new armours. Another option is the armour sets I created, also for "Danielle" variants, primarily for Helen Ardent. Again, battle armour:
ArdentF_A2.jpg

I have both the new armour and the ones for Helen Ardent as Photoshop layers so it wouldn't be difficult to transplant either set onto any other Danielle-style model.

Which way do you want to go? If Roxanne is to get a new model, is there any other customisation you'd like in order to make her more distinct from "9CATa", besides your choice of armour set?

Can you adapt to the current Roxanne Lalliere model, the armours for Daniell3 we can see in the first post of this thread?
EDIT: And about the golden armour, I prefer the first version we can see in this post.(with the fleur-de-lys symbols)

I've created a new model for Roxanne based on "9CATa_0", the reason being this one has a leather jacket while "9CATa" shows a steel cuirass even when unarmoured. The armoured textures assume a standard Danielle-style waist sash, but "9CATa_0" (and "9CATa") has a different sash running across the body from left shoulder to right hip, which meant I had to fill in the armours to cover the waist. That probably needed to be done anyway because some other "Danielle" variants have different belts, so now the armours can be applied to those as well. And so:
roxanne.jpg roxanne_A1.jpg roxanne_A2.jpg roxanne_A3.jpg
Unarmoured, cheap armour, battle armour, gold armour. I'm assuming you want the chain-mail undercoat and armoured gauntlets, and why not - Johan Elting also gets chain mail.

Now I just need you to write a suitable "model.description" line for the new "Roxanne" model. Apart from that, she's ready to go.

You are going to modify the 9td women as well? Those are the ones I modified for meself years ago. This is my favorite variant. They are all wearing golden armor but it doesn't show. 9td woman-1.jpg

I wasn't planning to put the new armour onto all "Danielle" variants, but I'd made armoured versions of "9Td_0" (the one in your picture, with tricorn hat but without coat), along with all the other "9T*_0" types. They'll be in my next update.

I'd hired a different "9T" version as an officer from a tavern - "9Tb_0", I believe. She didn't display armour either, so I decided to create the armoured versions. Then I did the same for "9Ta_0" and "9Td_0", the latter being the one in your picture. This was before I found the CoAS armour textures and started playing with them, and anyway making the "9T*_0" women show the same armour as the "9T*" base types was a lot easier.

Making "9Td_0" show armour while keeping the white sleeves and collar involves a bit of playing around with texture files. But making "9Ta_0" ("Taegan's simple vest outfit but without the vest") and "9Tb_0" ("Taegan's presentable waistcoat outfit but without the waistcoat") show armour is very easy because the armour simply replaces the vest or waistcoat, which means armoured "9Ta_0" is identical to armoured "9Ta". So all that needed to be done to make "9Tb_0" show armour was to copy "9Tb_A1", "9Tb_A2" and "9Tb_A3", and rename them as "9Tb_0_A1", "9Tb_0_A2" and "9Tb_0_A3" respectively. Ditto for "9Ta_0".

This should be all you need to put Roxanne's new model into the game. Included are versions of "TempQuest.c" for both "Assassin" and "Bartolomeu" with Roxanne's entries changed to use the "Roxanne" model.

The model could still probably do with a better description than "I want to look like Roxanne Lalliere." ;)

Attachments

• Roxanne.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Thanks again @Grey Roger :)
I'll see that and as I said yesterday use them in both storylines.:onya
About the description, I'll see if I can find something interesting.

Suggestion: add some 'AssignModelType(isstart, model, OFFIC_TYPE_<something>, 1.0);' lines to the "Danielle" variants that do not already have them - "Daniell2", "Daniell3", and "ladyinred". This will allow them to be recruitable if you meet them on the street and probably allow them to appear in taverns as well. ("Dan_TG3" already has a couple of lines as well as an 'AssignModelTypeNatMask' line, which means she already appears both in taverns and walking around.)

Suggestion: add some 'AssignModelType(isstart, model, OFFIC_TYPE_<something>, 1.0);' lines to the "Danielle" variants that do not already have them - "Daniell2", "Daniell3", and "ladyinred". This will allow them to be recruitable if you meet them on the street and probably allow them to appear in taverns as well. ("Dan_TG3" already has a couple of lines as well as an 'AssignModelTypeNatMask' line, which means she already appears both in taverns and walking around.)
Didn't they already have that? :shock

Or isn't that covered by the setting for whether female officers can be hired?
I can't remember anymore....

Some "Danielle" variants do indeed have "OFFIC-TYPE" lines. Most of those don't have 'AssignModelTypeNatMask' lines to allow them to walk around town. At present the only one with both types of line, who can be recruited both in a tavern and as a walker, is "Dan_TG3".

It's not the setting for female officers which prevents them from being hired. It's the requirement in "Enc_Walker.c" for any street walker to pass the 'UsableOfficer' check. "Danielle" variants look like usable officers so perhaps make them into usable officers. ;)

Back