• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assassin model (Model - Assassin2) Not available in Freeplay

Sand 2 Go

Mythical Pirate
Storm Modder
Public Relations
I was once checking out storylines, and noticed that in the Assassin storyline you have the ability to change your model to become an assassin like the ones that are on Assassin's Creed games. When I saw it I liked it and wanted to use it in my next Freeplay adventure, but when I searched for it in the character selection, I found out it was not there. Is the fact that it is not there intentional, or was it deliberately made not to appear there?
If it is deliberate, then it shall stay the way it is, but if not, then it probably should be fixed at some point.

It is intentional, and it's not the only one. There are quite a few models designed specifically for storylines, usually for special characters in those storylines, which are not for general use.

If you want to make the model available for FreePlay selection or for sale in a tailor's shop, edit "PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c". Find this part:
Code:
   model.description =  "For people wanting something more like Assassin's Creed.";
   model.id       =  "Assassin2";
   model.FaceId   = 448;
   model.nation      =  BROKEN;
   model.price       =  1000;
   model.assigned     =  true;
   AddCharacterModel(model);
Change BROKEN to a valid nation. The model will then be available for FreePlay and you should be able to find it more easily by setting the FreePlay character selection to that nation. It will also be for sale from tailors of that nation.

Great, thanks for the help! If I find myself wanting it I could very well try it. I found out about that not being in Freeplay about a year or two ago, but the question had stayed with me for that long. Interesting how I have changed from choosing things by their look to choosing for the slightest advantage :). Looks do still matter, but the advantage is first.

I've been using console for ages for various experiments. Once I've got something to work in console, then it can go into game code. ;)

In this case, it's a choice between adding one line to console or changing one line in "initModels.c". Thanks for giving @Sand 2 Go the other choice. :onya

You can use console to give you the model you want without editing the rest of the game code.
The console is probably the better of these two options, especially when you want to do whatever you wanna do in the fewest steps possible. If I did it by modifying a value in the files, I would have to reset it afterwards in order to keep the game unchanged. I am not a person to change things that are the way they are intentionally, unless I have to. (Or if I REALLY want to)
Although I had thought of doing something somewhat like what @Grey Roger suggested to the thief's knife to make it available in stores, but it has lost much of its value ever since you stopped being able to get the cannon that the workshop has, and if I were to have done it, I would have kept it like that because getting the thief's knife was one of the milestones on my playthroughs, but again, if I were to do that I wouldn't be bothered by changing anything else so.... If this was around a year ago, then I would have done it by the first method, but when I start another playthrough, I will probably do it with console commands.
No matter which way I do it, I have to thank both of you for the advice.

I've been using console for ages for various experiments. Once I've got something to work in console, then it can go into game code. ;)
AH! Glad to hear it.
I recall some time in the past when you didn't/couldn't use it for some reason.
Great relief that this is now over. :woot

And yes, what you describe is exactly how I did plenty of my modding too.
Works wonders, that does. :onya

In this case, it's a choice between adding one line to console or changing one line in "initModels.c". Thanks for giving @Sand 2 Go the other choice. :onya
Glad to be of service!
I do love it when we posts can build and add to each other; rather than arguing or something. ;)

I had thought of doing something somewhat like what @Grey Roger suggested to the thief's knife to make it available in stores
You can do that through console too.
If you know how. :cheeky

it has lost much of its value ever since you stopped being able to get the cannon that the workshop has
You silly, silly man! :razz

Again, console to the rescue.
If you want the workshop cannon, GiveItem2Character will bypass any and every restrictions the game would otherwise pose on you. :wp

No matter which way I do it, I have to thank both of you for the advice.
Cheers, me heartie! :cheers

You can do that through console too.
If you know how. :cheeky

You silly, silly man! :razz

Again, console to the rescue.
If you want the workshop cannon, GiveItem2Character will bypass any and every restrictions the game would otherwise pose on you. :wp
I know you can get the cannon in the console, I just prefer exploiting in-game mechanics. I had once gotten so annoyed at myself for losing thieves' knives so often that I once got 114 thieves' knives using the console. That was at a time I lost them quite often. If I remember correctly, the id for the thief's knife was bladex3.
I prefer exploits to blatant cheating, and that is the only reason I have not used the console commands that much.
Exploits are just so much fun. There are some other exploits with the workshop that still makes it useful, and they have to do with the raids that they can randomly cause when you interact with them.

The console is probably the better of these two options, especially when you want to do whatever you wanna do in the fewest steps possible. If I did it by modifying a value in the files, I would have to reset it afterwards in order to keep the game unchanged. I am not a person to change things that are the way they are intentionally, unless I have to. (Or if I REALLY want to)
It's one step either way. The difference is that console is good for a one-off change in one game campaign; you'd need to keep "console.c" as it is and press F12 again next time you start another game if you want the "Assassin2" model available again. But one advantage of "console.c" is that it's unlikely to be overwritten when you download the next update, whereas "initModels.c" certainly will be.
Although I had thought of doing something somewhat like what @Grey Roger suggested to the thief's knife to make it available in stores, but it has lost much of its value ever since you stopped being able to get the cannon that the workshop has...
Cannon? Workshop? Which cannon and workshop are these?

By default, the thief's knife is not available from basic stores or street traders, but may be for sale from "sneaky" traders - sometimes when you talk to random strangers, they want to sell you dodgy stuff, which may include a thief's knife. Or, wandering around in the jungle, you may sometimes meet a criminal who wants to give up his life of crime and is being chased by his former gang; if you choose to save him, he rewards you in different ways, one of which can be to give you his "tools". Or you can just plunder the bodies of dead enemies and loot any random chests you find, which is generally how I get my thief's knife, and for that matter almost all my weapons. ;)

AH! Glad to hear it.
I recall some time in the past when you didn't/couldn't use it for some reason.
Great relief that this is now over.
That was ages ago, when I was new to modding and was under the false impression that you needed to be in windowed mode to use console. I started using it within about a day of learning that all you need to do is press F12, and haven't stopped using it since. Usually it's to try something before putting it into code. And normally I have 'DumpAttributes(PChar)' in there, so that I can check various attributes, especially those to do with quests.

Cannon? Workshop? Which cannon and workshop are these?
The workshop on Spleightown port. Workshops have a cannon and at some point you could use a thief's knife to get it, as well as the building itself.

By default, the thief's knife is not available from basic stores or street traders, but may be for sale from "sneaky" traders - sometimes when you talk to random strangers, they want to sell you dodgy stuff, which may include a thief's knife. Or, wandering around in the jungle, you may sometimes meet a criminal who wants to give up his life of crime and is being chased by his former gang; if you choose to save him, he rewards you in different ways, one of which can be to give you his "tools". Or you can just plunder the bodies of dead enemies and loot any random chests you find, which is generally how I get my thief's knife, and for that matter almost all my weapons. ;)
I know, but it sometimes takes AGES to find a trader that sells it. I once took around 3 hours to find a merchant that had it. Since you mentioned how you get most of your weapons, I get my weapon by killing Blackbeard. Every playthrough I do, I get that sword, so there goes a while of my time finding a Borgiablade or throwknife. I am serious. When I get the thief's knife and a Borgiablade, I never talk to random people in game. That is how long it takes me sometimes.

I know you can get the cannon in the console, I just prefer exploiting in-game mechanics.
You must hate me for fixing exploit after exploit.
So sorry!

But exploits are not supposed to be. :facepalm

I had once gotten so annoyed at myself for losing thieves' knives so often that I once got 114 thieves' knives using the console. That was at a time I lost them quite often.
Huh?
How do you lose them in the first place?!?
Or was that something with them breaking or something?

That was ages ago, when I was new to modding and was under the false impression that you needed to be in windowed mode to use console.
Holy crap; how far behind the times AM I then?!? :shock

I know, but it sometimes takes AGES to find a trader that sells it. I once took around 3 hours to find a merchant that had it.
Well, those SPECIAL weapons (from the SWAK, or Special Weapons Assembly Kit) wouldn't be special if everyone had them now, would they? ;)

Every playthrough I do, I get that sword, so there goes a while of my time finding a Borgiablade or throwknife. I am serious. When I get the thief's knife and a Borgiablade, I never talk to random people in game. That is how long it takes me sometimes.
Very focused gameplay indeed!

You must hate me for fixing exploit after exploit.
So sorry!
Not really. I did get sad about the cannon one, but it overall makes the game better.
How do you lose them in the first place?!?
Or was that something with them breaking or something?
They did not break. I just accidentally kept selling them, and got frustrated.
Sorry if formatting is weird, I wrote this from my phone.

There's another quick way to get special weapons. Start a FreePlay or "Tales of a Sea Hawk" game, tell Malcolm that you want to sail straight away, and trigger the stormy start. There's the video of the storm, you're washed ashore on a random beach, and you have a random basic sword and pistol. You should definitely get a thief's knife. You also have an even chance for each of a sandbag and borgiablade, and randomly up to three each of throwing knife, grenade, ether bottle, stinkpot and cobblestone. (Don't choose player type "Castaway"! That leaves you with no weapons apart from a few cobblestones.)

Back