• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Attacking not hostile targets... How to ?

itarrow

Landlubber
Hi,
another question.
Let`s say that I`m flying the english flag, that is at war with France, and I want to attack a french ship or fort.
Why I cannot ? OK, France says that I`m "neutral" to them, but how can I become hostile to them (and I assumed I already was, since I`m under the english flag, which is at war with France) ? Or how can I simply attack a not hostile target ?

Another example: while sailing on the map I see a battle between english and france. I hit the spacebar so to engage. Suddenly they are all friends, and in the "3D view" they simply sail all together without fighting any longer.

Am I the sudden ultimate diplomate or is there anything wrong I`m doing here ?

I also tried with the "hoist pirate flag" quick icon, but I`m still neutral and I can`t attack the fort...

well if you want to fight them, just point and shoot thatr will wake them up.

Ive had the other one aswell where they kiss and make up when i arrive, but that not very often though

Just go to the deck view on your ship and aim the crosshairs for the cannons at them. Instead of being red when you "have a lock" the crosshairs will be green. Press spacebar to fire and they should quickly become hostile towards you. :cheers

Hmmm,
will try the "move to the deck 1st person view" suggestion.

Normally I use the 3rd person view and no matter how many times I hit the fire button, nobody shoots.

I can fire just if the target is "red", meaning hostile, otherwise I simply click as a mad but nothing happens...

What about forts ? Is it the same (ie change view to 1st person on the deck and fire) or do I have to do something so to be able to attack them ?

Yes it's the same for forts.
Try using the first person view for aiming and firing, it can be fun! :cheers :p:
Actually its better to use on forts because you can aim at cannon emplacements. Also, you can aim high or low on ships, aiming high can take out a ship's masts :d:

Aye fire at de fort from yer deck mate,ye have tew fire maualy until de crosshairs turn red,dey will hate ye very quick after a pound'n der fort :cheers

you're missing out on the most fun in the whole game if you sail and fight in 3rd person, it's all about standing on deck, the canvass flapping overhead peering through your glass to check the damage to your prey as the smoke clears from your broadside, i only use 3rd person for m&c style flyby shots when i get a new ship.

Back