• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Barbossa's feathers

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
I have began making the feathers on Barbossa's hat more detailed.

Right now they look like this:
before.png

It's really blocky because it doesn't use the character texture transparency added by @DeathDaisy.

Holy crap, that looks SO much better!! :shock

I still remember when Barbossa was added to the game and we were really miffed that we couldn't make those feathers look right.
At the time, I feared that it was a game engine limitation that we'd just have to live with.

It makes me really happy to see that thanks to the collaborative efforts of you and @DeathDaisy, my second favourite pirate Captain finally looks the way he was meant to! :bow

Thanks @Pieter Boelen for the feedback!

When I saw Barbossa again, as one of the main antagonists in Hoist the Colors, I knew I had to do something with that feathers.

And as you said, many thanks to @DeathDaisy, without her this wouldn't be possible!!! :beer:

Thanks for that, @The Nameless Pirate! :cheers It's included in the latest update.

I'd already made an alpha mask for this guy's feather:

He's a retexture of another model with a feather in his hat, of which there are several, so it was easy enough to copy that alpha mask onto the others. These include the storekeeper in Havana, Admiral da Saldanha, and Francis Drake. I've also added an alpha mask to "pero.tga.tx", which supplies the feather to a couple of French models and at least one non-French model, Laurens de Graaf:
de_graaf_front.jpg de_graaf_back.jpg

Back