• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Bartolomeu and the governor of Kralendijk

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
I'm not sure if this was reported elsewhere...

Playing the "Bartolomeu o Portugues" storyline, I've talked to Toff Oremans, then talked to the women outside Kralendijk town hall, then tried to talk to the governor. He has nothing to say about either Bernardo Gamboa or missing children; if I tell him I want to talk business, all he offers is a ship-hunting quest, or would do if I wasn't hostile to Holland. I tried craving forgiveness, then staying a night in the tavern to make sure it took effect, and the following day the governor does offer the ship-hunting quest but still has nothing to say about the side quests.

The game installation is up to date and if I load up my "Hornblower" end game save and go to Bonaire, that version of the governor does give the dialogs for the side quests. The problem is therefore specific to "Bartolomeu o Portugues".

Savegame outside Kralendijk town hall enclosed:

Attachments

• -=Player=- Bonaire.zip
    819.6 KB · Views: 78
Can you have a look if Bartolomeu has its own copy of that Governor dialog file?
That might explain it.

They're different. They're very different. There are a few lines which are the same. :)

Here they are.

Attachments

• Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog_bart.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog_standard.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 72
Thanks :onya Tomorrow morning, I hope to make a new dialog file for the Governor.
btw: just something else, upload also the H. files (there are only the C. files in your zip)

Here you are. :doff

Attachments

• Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog_bart_h.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog_standard_h.zip
    3 KB · Views: 66
Same problem, different governor. Bartolomeu has just been arrested on suspicion of murder while trying to find out what happened to Artois Voysey. The governor is speechless.
sao_jorge_governor.jpg

Though the governor's name as shown is Francisco de Vanegas, that being the name assigned to the Sao Jorge governor by "periods.c", the default name is Jacinto Arcibaldo Barreto, so that is the name of his dialog files. Standard and Bartolomeu versions, both .c and .h, are enclosed in this zip.

Attachments

• Jacinto Arcibaldo Barreto_dialogs.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 80
Thanks @Bartolomeu o Portugues! Your changes are now included in my game version and will be part of the next update.
Since they don't overwrite existing governor functionality, I'm putting them straight in PROGRAM\DIALOGS, preventing doubled up code. :doff

Back