• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Bartolomeu Storyline: Rescue my crew - At jetty no crew member talks to me

Thread moved to Bug Tracker so we won't lose sight of it.

The Havana governor's thugs that lucho1392 refers to are led by Jerico Contreras and attack you in the center of Port Royal.
So the problem actually happens in Port Royale centre, rather than Havana port? :facepalm
That'll require some checking, I suppose....

If you get a chance, could you perhaps try the savegame from the opening post and see what happens?

I have had a look at the Saves in the opening Post - they are from much earlier in the Quest :

A Famous Pirate (top)
Sail to Speightstown, Barbados, - go to shipyard – talk to owner – ask about “ caravel repaired one month ago” – QB Update

Go to Bridgetown, Barbados - go to shipyard – talk to owner - Q B Update

Sail to La Tortue, Tortuga, - ( Saves are from Here ) Find Christopher Backer – ( he is walking around the Port Area ) – talk to him – transported to jungle at night - Christopher Backer talks to you – kill 2 pirates with him - Christopher Backer talks to you again – Runs off – QB Update

Which is almost 3 Sections earlier than the Rescue My Crew Section :modding

@lucho1392 - do you have any Save Games closer to the problems you describe in the Opening Post ( preferably just before the problem). Thanks :doff

:pirate07:

Last edited:
I have had a look at the Saves in the opening Post - they are from much earlier in the Quest :
Oh, that's a shame; I won't be able to run a quick test today then either.
Maybe this weekend if I can spare the time, but I had some bigger "improving performance" projects lined up already....

I think @lucho1392 means this bit of the story:

B6ObtHaIAAA8BVs.jpg

And looks like the game trolled me cuz I am pretty sure about uploading some save games in port royal... Gonna try again :D

Attachments

• Bartolomeu.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
@lurcho1392

Thanks - :onya

I have played the story using your Save in Post #26 - I did not have any Officers or Crew with me ( just player and Quest Characters - Klein & Emilio ) - it played through all OK.:shrug

The only problem I had was after finding and talking to Emilio in the jungle. I could not get back into Santiago Port ( the game kept CTD :nogood ) - so I had to use Fast travel from the jungle direct to my ship to get round this . ( the CTD may be caused by too many people in the Santiago Port Location when I try to reenter it. :shrug

I think your problems could be if you have extra Officers & Crewmen with you to help with the fighting - since all the locations are quite close to the Max number of characters - even though I don't have Officers & Crew with Me - ( all the Soldier Patrols wandering around :mad: ). see images.

Character Numbers checked using Jack Rackhams code in Post #5 through the console.

Also in the compile log there are entries for Treasure Crew not being Generated ??? :treasure: Yet there is no Treasure Quest in your Quest Book ???

No Error log Generated

:duel:

Attachments

• BoP Santiago.jpg
    BoP Santiago.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 97
  • BoP Santiago2.jpg
    BoP Santiago2.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 86
  • BoP Port Royale.jpg
    BoP Port Royale.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 81
  • compile.log
    20.9 KB · Views: 90
  • system.log
    7.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Ah, so I WASN'T quite wrong with my initial post, then?
...I suspect it might be due to "too many characters in the location".
If so, try telling your shore crewmembers to stay on the ship and remove any active officers from your shore party.
@lucho1392: Didn't you say you already tried that? o_O

Also in the compile log there are entries for Treasure Crew not being Generated ??? :treasure:
They are your shore crew members. Not sure why those logs are there when you told them to stay on the ship.

Code:
Can't loading cubemap mip 0 (side: 2), not loading it.
Cube map texture resource\textures\AMMO\EN3.TGA.tx can't loading (size: 64, num mips: 6, format: D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8), not loading it.
This one's a bit weird.

The only problem I had was after finding and talking to Emilio in the jungle. I could not get back into Santiago Port ( the game kept CTD :nogood ) - so I had to use Fast travel from the jungle direct to my ship to get round this . ( the CTD may be caused by too many people in the Santiago Port Location when I try to reenter it. :shrug
You have any log files for those specific CTDs?

all the Soldier Patrols wandering around :mad:
Those patrols should be triggered because the Shore Crewmembers functionality is still ON.
But you sent all your crew back to the ship, right? Then why does that happen?

You have any log files for those specific CTDs?

Log files attached - no error log generated

Those patrols should be triggered because the Shore Crewmembers functionality is still ON.
But you sent all your crew back to the ship, right? Then why does that happen?

Ah - I thought @Bartolomeu o Portugues might have put them there as part of the quest - since everyone is now hunting Bartolomeu O Portuguese ( you can see the Wanted Posters in Santiago Port )

The Save @lucho1392 provided just has the player & Quest Characters ( Klein & Emilio ) on Land there are no Officers or Crew Accompanying them. So he must have sent the Crew back to the ship sometime before this part of the story.

:drunk

Attachments

• compile.log
    8 KB · Views: 80
  • system.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The Save @lucho1392 provided just has the player & Quest Characters ( Klein & Emilio ) on Land there are no Officers or Crew Accompanying them. So he must have sent the Crew back to the ship sometime before this part of the story.
There are two ways of sending crew back to the ship:
- You can send them back individually. In that case, even if there are none left with you, the "Shore Crewmembers" mod is still active along with all the extra encounters created by that.
- Alternatively, send them ALL back to the ship in one go. That disables all those extra encounters too.

Log files attached - no error log generated
Nothing crash-worthy in there that I can see. :(

There are two ways of sending crew back to the ship:
- You can send them back individually. In that case, even if there are none left with you, the "Shore Crewmembers" mod is still active along with all the extra encounters created by that.

Perhaps this is causing the problems. - players sending them back a few at a time and when there are none left not realizing that the mod is still active and generating characters even though the crewmen are not appearing.
Perhaps we should only have the one option for sending the crew back to the Ship. i.e. Send them ALL back to the ship in one go. That disables all those extra encounters too. :shrug

Only problem is if the Player wants to reduce the number in the Shore Party they have to send them all back and then go and talk to a crewman and select the new number they want to make up the Shore Party. :facepalm

:cheers

Perhaps this is causing the problems. - players sending them back a few at a time and when there are none left not realizing that the mod is still active and generating characters even though the crewmen are not appearing.
I am wondering if there is a way to separate those added encounters from the Shore Crewmembers altogether.
There is no true logical reason for that anyway; the switch is based more on arbitrary game mechanics. :facepalm

Right, Talisman :yes

Adding a temporary "vcskip" attribute to the port in the quest_reactions.c should fix that.

EDIT: or not o_O, There are also crewmembers with Bartolomeu when reloaded to the port. I don't understand...

PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_init.c find:
Code:
    // SCREWFACE : crewmembers on shore mod
     if (LANDCREWMEMBERS)
     {
       if ((loc.type != "Shop") && (loc.type != "residence") && (loc.type != "house"))
       {
         crew = characterFromID("Treas_Crewmember_1");
Replace with:
Code:
    // SCREWFACE : crewmembers on shore mod
     bool LandCrew = LANDCREWMEMBERS;
     if (LandCrew)
     {
       if (loc.type == "Shop")               LandCrew = false;
       if (loc.type == "residence")           LandCrew = false;
       if (loc.type == "house")             LandCrew = false;
       if (GetAttribute(loc  , "vcskip") == true)   LandCrew = false; // PB
       if (GetAttribute(mainChr, "vcskip") == true)   LandCrew = false; // PB
       if (LandCrew)
       {
         crew = characterFromID("Treas_Crewmember_1");
That should prevent your crew from interfering with quests when "vcskip" is added where needed.

Hopefully that will help.

Well well looks like I got an hyphotesis... In Santiago when I had to look for Emilio at outskirts some bandits attacked me and in the middle of that Emilio died, but another Emilio appears (his body was lying in the ground at the same time) and QB updates.. So in Port Royal theres no Emilio following me and he appears when the thugs ambush me and then he talks to me and auto-move to jetty, at this point in the past is where game was bugged. But played with a save game in Santiago right before going outskirts and this time Emilio is not laying dead haha so in Port Royal he is with me and quest continues normally.

P.D: I know its hard to understand me but my English grammar is not one of my fortitudes.

Back