• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Batch conversion of game textures

Myth

Freebooter
Good evening. Now I have a need to convert a bunch of game textures to "tga". Usually I select all the files I need and do the conversion. But now I need to convert shadow textures for locations. But each such texture is in a separate folder. Is there some way to convert textures so that the texture data doesn't need to be convected one at a time? Thank you.

The closest thing to this that I can think of is manually putting all the files you want to convert in the same folder.
But then you will have to rename them, they are all named "shadow.tga.tx" aren't they?

Maybe this tool can help you with quickly renaming them?
Advanced Renamer - Free and fast batch rename utility for files and folders

But this is a workaround, not a fix. :unsure

The closest thing to this that I can think of is manually putting all the files you want to convert in the same folder.
But then you will have to rename them, they are all named "shadow.tga.tx" aren't they?
That's indeed pretty much what I would suggest.

Make a script (batch/Python/Matlab/whatever) to rename all "shadow.tga.tx" file to match their folder names, then move them to the same directory.
Use TX Converter all in one go.
Then run another script to move all files back into a folder with their own name; then rename them into "shadow.tga.tx" again.

I reckon something along those lines is the most practical way...

After that you will put them in the folders they should be and rename them back to "shadow.tga.tx" as Pieter said.

Other than this I don't think there is something else you can do.

Unless if you understood that you change the ".tx" part.
If that is the case then no, you will use TX convertor to convert the files as usual.
You rename the files because you can't have multiple files withe same name on the same folder.

Unless if you understood that you change the ".tx" part.
If that is the case then no, you will use TX convertor to convert the files as usual.
You rename the files because you can't have multiple files withe same name on the same folder.
Indeed I imagined renaming to "*foldername*.tga.tx", but keeping the extensions.

173.23 MB folder on MEGA

TextureWrite.zip contains:

TextureWrite.exe
ConvertTXtoTGA.cmd

I wrote TextureWrite.exe and it will convert most of the .tx formats to .tga, if they are uncompressed; it will not convert any of the compressed formats to .tga. If you place the ConvertTXtoTGA.cmd file in a root directory, it will recursively search and convert all the files in that directory and also all the files in subdirectories under that root folder. Be sure to edit the .cmd file to point to the proper filepath location you put the TextureWrite.exe file; it currently assumes C:\TextureWrite.exe.

Back