• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Becoming a Pirate

Medul

Landlubber
i have been trying to raise my rep with pirates for promotions and have found some difficulty in doing this. i cant seem to find a way to raise my pirate rep beyond zero.

any advice on how to do this?

on a side note, pump shotguns --> are these completely random drops, or can they only be found during random encounter boardings?

Pumpguns weren't supposed to be randomly droped at all! There should only be one hidden pumpgun in the whole archipelago at all!

I have got a Letter of Marque from the pirate lord Sao Feng after I finished his quests in Hoist the Colours. So I also got some random ship sinking quests from him. I would be able to increase my reputation to actually get a higher rank but I don't want to do it yet, because I have a very high rank with all other nations.

And at the moment my game unplayable crashes all the time.

The Sao Feng lom is wrong and should be there :no

You need to increase your proper rep (not matey and that) but how well people know you before the pirate of Nevis will allow you to become a pirate ;)

Ben is very correct on the pump shotgun. It's supposed to be an easter egg added as a joke, but not be used anywhere at random.
The appearance of that and other unique weapons is a long-standing bug that REALLY annoys me.

Sao Feng is (temporarily) "governor" of Turks, isn't he? Is he actually of the PIRATE nation? :shock
Anyway, I reckon we might want to do something about him being there.
Or maybe just change it so he at least isn't the governor...

Yep I think that Nathan Kell and Sao Feng are both on Turks as governers :facepalm

I will try to look at fixing this :yes

The idea was once we had a location like Singapore to move him there but that doesnt seem to be happening any time soon :(

Add another island like Isla Mona that represents Singapore at the edge of the map.
I reckon that's the best we can do at this time.

I didnt want to add it till we had a location that looked similar to Singapore :(

Might have to do though :yes

No idea how we're going to get a Singapore-like location. Not any time soon, I suppose.
I wonder if somebody could find some Chinese-y buildings that we could stick into an existing location with the BuildingSet.

Back