• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn

Sailor Apprentice
I's be jest lettin' ye nose dat I is in de 'abour 'ere lads....jest fur a little while is all! :onya

Most on ye nose me I's thinks...I's be an owd LIB member...oh, yes! :warr

Nar over de years i's made all de Avatars: Banners ans Flags fur our crew. I's got right good at it, even tho I's says so mysen! :trio

There used to be a guy named 'Mark Quinn. Ooo 'ad 'is own site dedicated to the makin on flags....Eee was good Eee was, but I was set to better 'im if I could ans I believe I has done dat. (Ans I says dis in all respect to 'im, Eee was a gooden dat mark!)

So, as I says I be at anchor 'ere fur a short time. :treas

bennsadd2.gif

a1bennsship.gif

Ans 'ere be mi ship in de port 'ere lads! ......Oh, yes! :cheers

Welcome back, mate! It's always good to see some of the old crew here again.
So old even that I don't think I ever did meet you. :doff

Welcome back Ben! :cheers Haven't been over to Ellaybe in ages - the site does not like Firefox. xD:

Welcome back Ben Gunn! Always good to have you here! Your flags, avatars and banners are truly one of a kind mate!

I tried making a flag to hang on the hull under the sword in my sig, but I never good get it to look quite right. I never could seem to get just the right mix of viking and pirate for my liking! :?

Welcome back Ben! :cheers Haven't been over to Ellaybe in ages - the site does not like Firefox. xD:

I never had a problem Stallion. :shrug I stop over occasionally just to see what is going on, haven't posted anything in many years though.

Welcome back Ben Gunn! Always good to have you here! Your flags, avatars and banners are truly one of a kind mate!

I tried making a flag to hang on the hull under the sword in my sig, but I never good get it to look quite right. I never could seem to get just the right mix of viking and pirate for my liking! :?

Hmmm, I's cud 'ave a crack at it, if'n ye likes Thagarr? I got a bit on practice wit de flags...let me nose what ye want in de flag ans we can 'toss it abart' ans mabe git summat ye likes...EH? :shrug

I would be honored if you would like to give it a go mate, it would be much appreciated!

My original idea was to have an old Viking rune carving of a drakkar on one side and rune carving of a crow on the other. In the middle, a skull and crossbones or maybe just a skull or a viking sword, but I could never get it to look quite right. I'll send you a PM with my original Photoshop files Ben, and you can do your magic! I'm running a bit short on time at the moment, I'll send it to ya when I get home from work in the morning. Thanks mate!

Send me your stuff by mi e-mail mate, if'n ye will. I got a fair amount on Viking stuff, It will be quicker if'n we contact each other by e-mail mate. I ain't hidden it on mi profile. :2up

Oh, I forgot to thank all on ye 'ere fur yer welcoms....I do be greatly appreciated shipmates. :keith

There 'aint nowt like a good welcome when ye gets 't port ...I cans tell Eee! ...Oh, yeas! :will

'Eer try this brew!

a1bensmallbrewyh2.gif

Welcome (back) Ben! :gday

[quote name='T'Flok' timestamp='1284010507' post='378775']
I can't understand a word he's saying. :blink:
[/quote]
you cant understand piratican?! what are you even doing on these forums?! *joking, ofcource ;) *

Email sent Ben Gunn! Please feel free to do it anyway you see fit mate! :dance

I t'ink dat de first step be to make ye a moving flag mate..... I'll be throwind sum ideas at ye fur ye t'verufy very soon shipmate. :rolleyes:

Awesome job Ben, looks fantastic mate! Thank ye kindly! :cheers

thagsflag.gif

Ye be quite welcome Thagarr mi owd mate, de flag dew look pretty smart, even if'n Oi sez so misesen like! :j3

wherebederumfi8.gif

:nerbz :nerbz :nerbz

Ben Gunn, might we possibly be able to interest you in doing some flag-work for Build 14 Beta 1?
We've got a whole bunch of selectable personal and pirate flags in the game, but need interface pictures for the selection of them.
Can you or could you tell us how to take a 2D flag picture and modify them into the "warped" pictures seen in the PotC interfaces?

Pieter, if'n de work be witin de scope on mi talents I's don't mind 'elpin yes out mate, but ye had better clarify what ye means shipmate, as I ain't all dat familier wit dis kind in work. What game is it bud? Potc, was a game that I couldn't jest take to, so I dids not have it long. Seadogs were the game that I got into but fill me in lad! :nk

If you still have your copy of POTC lying around Ben, you should really give it a try with Build 13, or the latest build 14! Believe me, I do understand why you really couldn't get into POTC when it first came out. I was so hyped up to see a sequel to Sea Dogs myself, and so utterly disappointed with what we got, a half finished, bastardized game! That cartoonish console interface was atrocious, and the story was almost as bad.

If you haven't taken a look at the builds recently mate, I do highly recommend you at least give them a try, the builds add quite a bit to the gameplay! Some of the console interface quirkyness has been fixed, and the game overall looks much better. There are still a few problems, but hopefully in time we can get those ironed out. Build 13 is probably the most stable, but Build 14 adds so much content that it is very much worth playing, even with a few bugs still to be worked out.

Our modpack is indeed for the old 2003 PotC game, as Thagarr says.
It does vastly improve on the original game and I definitly recommend you give it a try if you have the chance.
Have a look at our ModDB Profile for an overview of the latest modifications:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons

a1bensmallbrewyh2.gif

Alrighty I'll try this drink then! And by the way if I concentrate a little more I can actually understand ye. ;)

Off to trying your drink! :woot *Gulps down all the drink from the mug* OWW!! :urgh GHHH!!! This s-stuff iz strong! *BURP*

Nuclear-Explosion-001.jpg

Back