• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best Ship?

SessionExpired

Sailor Apprentice
Hey,

I have the current mod installed and i ask which ship, even if not modded ones, would be the "Best"?
I am trying to find a ship which has decent speed, can handle quite abit of damage, can give out good damage and still have quite abit of storage space.

I know findign a ship like this is hard so a trip to Bermuda for upgrades would be in-need but does anyone have a Favourite ship that fits that criteria? I've been sailing about and i find ships that are better than mine so i take those because i can never find any good ships in the Shipyards! They are always level 6 and above.

So, my friends, is there a non-quest ship out there (apart from Man-o-war) which fits my criteria!
(I've been looking for a man-o-war, found one but it was sat outside Port Royale and i had a feq quests here so i did not want to make such a fuss and be blown sky high by the fort right next to it)

Hey Prelacter

You say you have a mod installed, which mod is that?

I have a few ships that i like, but i also like to sail around in small agile ships for the challange. Here's some ships to look at, you will need CMV 3.1.5 for some of these ships.

Fearless, not the fastest ship but has enough guns mounted to hold its own against almost any naval battle. Has a nice sized cargohold too.

Black Pearl, need i say much. Fast, capable of holding a large amount of cargo. Might have few guns mounted compared to other ships but can you really resist this ship. Cpt Sparrow can't. :rolleyes:

Constitution, with 56 guns mounted and a nice cargohold she is a very nice ship. She's not slow by any mean's, she's also able to fight her way out of almost all battles.

Cursed Flying Dutchman, well not the nicest ship to look at when your its target but under your control she will surely send shiver's up anyone who dares attack you, she is fast, capable of carry large amounts of cargo. She has 52 guns mounted and did i say she's able to mount 42Ibs cannons.

I'm affraid size does make a difference in agility, the Black Pearl, is perhaps the most agile ship on the above list. The Constitution isn't as agile but is more agile than most of the other ships there. The Cursed Dutchman is also agile but i never use this ship so i don't know how agile she is. The Fearless isn't as agile as the Constitution, if i had to go with a ship on the above list it would be the Constitution closely followed by the Black Pearl.

Don't forget the Bermuda upgrades can make big differences to ships, speeds, agility, cargo space, crew size, max calibure and hull strength so its easy to make a ship thats not so good even better although expesive depending on the ships class.

Back