• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beyond New Horizons Alpha Release

I do think that it's getting stable enough to move to beta soonish. With some of the vacation I have planned for the rest of the year, before end-of-year seems very doable.

Do you think it is ready for beta?
As we discussed on the discord, so long as all the issues here are fully resolved, I see no reason not to enter Beta.

I do think that it's getting stable enough to move to beta soonish. With some of the vacation I have planned for the rest of the year, before end-of-year seems very doable.

Do you think it is ready for beta?
Just before Christmas, is it possible?

So... I'm having a problem with Jack Sparrow's storyline.
I'm already in Port Royal ready to steal the interceptor and all. I talk to the hobo... then the guards and to the cutscene and I fight the 2 guards. But as soon as I kill the guards, I'm sent to the shipyard and then to a black screen which I can't move or do shit. But I can go to the interceptor. can ya help me?

I'm already in Port Royal ready to steal the interceptor and all. I talk to the hobo... then the guards and to the cutscene and I fight the 2 guards. But as soon as I kill the guards, I'm sent to the shipyard and then to a black screen which I can't move or do shit. But I can go to the interceptor. can ya help me?
Can you share a savegame from just before killing the guards? (Found in `<GAME>\SAVE\JackSparrow`)

Another thing, what version of the Build 15 Alpha are you running?

1) In "Deliver a letter to a pirate chief" it would be nice to know from the logbook where Jurksen resides, since there are a lot of pirate settlements. (he is on Nevis)

2) After finding Henry Peat, when I am supposed to go drinking in the tavern with Gordon Carpenter, after the loading screen I am stuck (pictures attached) and unable to perform anything else but access a duplicate of my own inventory

3) I have noticed some ridiculous variety in the stats of ships, pictures attached:
A Heavy Brig with a max caliber of 0 and a min/max crew of 2/6
A level 8 ship (Hoy) outclassing my Heavy Pinnace, a Pinnace for sale and said Heavy Brig in both HP and Capacity
issue number 1 and 2 are still there i am stuck on gordon carpenter's invitation to the tavern alpha 13

Ok, so... I tried again, did somethings better, like not sell all de diamonts and stuff and the game still crashes just as I am teleported to the shipyard to fight William Turner. I'll see if I can show some screenshots.
I am running build 15 alpha 13 I believe
1694742812461.png

I kill both guards and then I am sent to this limbo. Despite this, I can access the HMS Interceptor and sail with it

Last edited:
New patch is available:
  • #81 Fixed corrupted locator file for deck locations of large ship
  • #105 Fixed broken particle effects during fire ship quest
  • #110, #120, #124 Fixed "fader" issuess
  • #118 Fixed rendering issues for Russian fonts
  • Fixed particle effect rendering issue
  • Converted some audio files to flac
Download patch alpha.14
Thank you very much for your work, the Russian font has been corrected! But in the dialogue above, for some reason the game does not read names, only the first letters of the first and last names.
I will definitely play your version when I finish fixing the bad translation in the main version. Now I'm going through Woodes Rogers, I'm left with GoldBug, DevlinOpera and FreePlay.

Attachments

• 1694865853617.png
    1694865853617.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 1694865943727.png
    1694865943727.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • 1694865956822.png
    1694865956822.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Thank you very much for your work, the Russian font has been corrected! But in the dialogue above, for some reason the game does not read names, only the first letters of the first and last names.
That is caused by the engine not being able to convert Cyrillic characters to upper-case. The dialog tries to convert the character name to upper-case, fails, and ends up displaying only the first letters.

I've logged an issue for tracking: Not able to case-convert non-latin characters · Issue #125 · PiratesAhoy/new-horizons

So, we've been discussing it on the discord, but once the Build 15 Beta releases, all the major bugs should be fixed and we are going to want to shift all active efforts towards the Build Mod 15. It'll be playable enough and having a standalone mod with the new engine will attract a lot of people since people don't have to go fetching POTC CDs anymore which are becoming evermore difficult to find. Everyone please prepare for this change, as personally, I won't give a hard deadline, but I wouldn't be shocked if this happened by the end of the year. I'm going to post this to most relevant threads so I can get some feedback regarding this. Hammie has done a lot of work on this and I've been doing a lot of testing, and we're becoming more confident with each new patch about its viability to launch.

Ok, so... I tried again, did somethings better, like not sell all de diamonts and stuff and the game still crashes just as I am teleported to the shipyard to fight William Turner. I'll see if I can show some screenshots.
I am running build 15 alpha 13 I believe
View attachment 43075
I kill both guards and then I am sent to this limbo. Despite this, I can access the HMS Interceptor and sail with it
I plan on extensively QA testing that questline soon, if you can post your save from right before it happens and any logs, that would be best, Also, you may want to test on the latest Alpha 14 release, Hammie fixed quite a few fader loading bugs in that patch

I plan on extensively QA testing that questline soon, if you can post your save from right before it happens and any logs, that would be best, Also, you may want to test on the latest Alpha 14 release, Hammie fixed quite a few fader loading bugs in that patch
Will do good sir. Although I have no idea on how could I share the saved file

Will do good sir. Although I have no idea on how could I share the saved file
There should be a folder just called SAVE then JackSparrow then you should see each save file you have there, copy and paste here

Not sure if this has been reported but the Dauntless class 1st rate has an issue with the sails - I've attached an image.

Attachments

• dauntless.png
    dauntless.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Sorry for the second post, just another one I spotted - this one is the Neptunus and having sailed around it I would say it only appears at some angles? But not entirel sure on that.

Attachments

• bnh1.png
    bnh1.png
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 57
  • bnh2.png
    bnh2.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
Back