• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

That's off-topic, mate. In fact, I know this thread has been a bit on and off lately, so let's get this straight: Please keep discussions relevant to the Black Pearl and QAR models.
[/quote]
Armada,sorry mate
i didnt want to ask something out off-topic
in fact im trying to make a movie with a vs battle betwen QAR and a heavy manowar(or a something with a lots of guns)
thats why im asking:D
sorry anyway :urgh
what do you say about this :
actualy im working to fix the light problem for aop
im always asking with what can i help but manytimes nobody responds me
ive helped a couple of people to add the new ships on aop.....:urgh
i hope that means something to be a special member

A bit busy yesterday and today. It's the Dana Point Tallship Festival right now. So I get to spend some time around the real thing.
keith.gif

Plus that means I get to don my Captain Jack outfit again.
laugh.gif

Textures are coming along nicely. I've redone the gold trim on the QAR and it looks MUCH better. Touching up the Pearl too.

OK guys, here's the next important update for the Revenge (Legendary_Spider, this needs your attention specifically): http://www.pyratesah...R_v1.2%20WIP.7z

What I've done here is add the extra parts which allow more details to be added without the need for more polygons, or complex UV remapping.
There are sections on the bow and stern for more skeletons, sections surrounding the rings on the stern, and finally a space for the nameplate (how did we forget about that? :shock ).
On top of that, I've also resized the top of the stern, including the rings and the top curtain. After looking at several photos, I realised the original stern we had was too tall, so this version has been corrected.
That should also help to reduce the 3rd person camera problem this ship inevitably has, due to the tall stern making the camera centre higher above the ship than it should do.

The new sections for extra details have a texture of their own, which is currently a big black square. That's where Legendary_Spider comes in, armed with another UV map I've provided. ;)
I'm hoping that the work I've done should allow for some detailed texture work and results faithful to the movie...

Please note: this version still has NO locators, meaning it cannot be used in-game yet. I'll fix that as soon as I can.

so there will be more details on the bow,back and the big light?
the ship will look CRAZY man :woot
keep adding details guys

OK guys, here's the next important update for the Revenge (Legendary_Spider, this needs your attention specifically): http://www.pyratesah...R_v1.2%20WIP.7z

What I've done here is add the extra parts which allow more details to be added without the need for more polygons, or complex UV remapping.
There are sections on the bow and stern for more skeletons, sections surrounding the rings on the stern, and finally a space for the nameplate (how did we forget about that? :shock ).
On top of that, I've also resized the top of the stern, including the rings and the top curtain. After looking at several photos, I realised the original stern we had was too tall, so this version has been corrected.
That should also help to reduce the 3rd person camera problem this ship inevitably has, due to the tall stern making the camera centre higher above the ship than it should do.

The new sections for extra details have a texture of their own, which is currently a big black square. That's where Legendary_Spider comes in, armed with another UV map I've provided. ;)
I'm hoping that the work I've done should allow for some detailed texture work and results faithful to the movie...

Please note: this version still has NO locators, meaning it cannot be used in-game yet. I'll fix that as soon as I can.

Just got back from the tallship festival. I'll get right to work on that as soon as I get out of my costume.
rolleyes.gif

Um, the surface you made for the rings is inside the rings instead of over. Did you do that on purpose? Makes it hard to do anything.
dunno.gif

THX... but AOP2:COAS crashed when i start the game.... :shrug

very nice i love that ship armada have you a build plan of the QAR
No, I don't have any plans, I've just made adjustments by eye, from looking at photos of the ship.

Um, the surface you made for the rings is inside the rings instead of over. Did you do that on purpose? Makes it hard to do anything.
dunno.gif
I thought that was what you wanted? It allows you to add the extra details in between them, not on top of them.
Besides, this way the details will look less 2D, hopefully. See if this image is helpful; it's a side view of the rings with the plane's wireframe visible, so you can match that to the UV map I gave you.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer: this update is NOT a release version, and does NOT work in either game yet. :no
It is purely for Legendary_Spider to add more detail to the textures at the moment. I'll try to make it work for the games when it's finished.

[/quote name='xXx3' timestamp='1315739238' post='405627']
[/quote]
Sorry, I should have made it clearer: this update is NOT a release version, and does NOT work in either game yet. :no
It is purely for Legendary_Spider to add more detail to the textures at the moment. I'll try to make it work for the games when it's finished.
[/quote]

lets see guys
for the moment i know it works for two games
POTC and AOP:Caribbean Tales
didnt try on AOP:COAS but maybe doesnt work because you must do some adtional settings in ships.init.c(thing soo.....)

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith
one lil question
do you have instaled the AOP Super mod (last version)??

dunno.gif
I thought that was what you wanted? It allows you to add the extra details in between them, not on top of them.
Besides, this way the details will look less 2D, hopefully. See if this image is helpful; it's a side view of the rings with the plane's wireframe visible, so you can match that to the UV map I gave you.

I thought you were gonna put the surfaces OVER the rings. But if you think this is best, I guess I'll try to work with it. I'm just afraid the details will look rather odd next to the plain rings. But I'll see what I can do.

Back