• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

I thought you were gonna put the surfaces OVER the rings. But if you think this is best, I guess I'll try to work with it. I'm just afraid the details will look rather odd next to the plain rings. But I'll see what I can do.
Maybe you could go with the current planes for now, and if things don't turn out very well, then I'll move them over the rings to see if it looks better. :shrug
My concern was that, by putting the planes over the rings, the textured details would look odd from certain angles (seeing as they're only 2D), but I might be wrong.
Are all the other extra planes good enough, anyway?

can you help me with how uploading a file in a post for free download?
You could use a file sharing website, or perhaps you could use the CoAS FTP (there isn't one for Caribbean Tales). Details for using it are here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15853-coas-ftp/

I thought you were gonna put the surfaces OVER the rings. But if you think this is best, I guess I'll try to work with it. I'm just afraid the details will look rather odd next to the plain rings. But I'll see what I can do.
Maybe you could go with the current planes for now, and if things don't turn out very well, then I'll move them over the rings to see if it looks better. :shrug
My concern was that, by putting the planes over the rings, the textured details would look odd from certain angles (seeing as they're only 2D), but I might be wrong.
Are all the other extra planes good enough, anyway?

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful. I'll try it out and see. I forgot the rings might look weird from certain angles. Yes, the other planes work just fine.
me.gif

Thanks for all your help. I really am grateful.

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith
one lil question
do you have instaled the AOP Super mod (last version)??

Yes, I have instaled the AOP Super mod. Maybe that is the promblem? :shrug

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to come across as being angry.
I was merely asking if the other planes were alright. I wasn't sure if I needed to modify anything, that's all. No worries. :cheers

Yesterday make textures for v1.2... :rolleyes:
Nice work you've done there! Could you show a larger image of the rings on the stern? I can't quite see how they look.
Maybe you and Legendary_Spider could merge your work so that nothing gets wasted? :shrug

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith
one lil question
do you have instaled the AOP Super mod (last version)??

Yes, I have instaled the AOP Super mod. Maybe that is the promblem? :shrug

neah i have instlled it too :urgh
ive could upload you the modified file(of the qar and the black pearl too if you want)but i cant acces to coas ftp and neither the potc ones
if you can give me any help

OMG. I can't believe how many people are hijacking my project. Should I just quit? I feel like I'm doing this for nothing because everyone is going off making their own.
dunno.gif

OMG. I can't believe how many people are hijacking my project. Should I just quit? I feel like I'm doing this for nothing because everyone is going off making their own.
dunno.gif

if many for you means 2 or 3 persons i let you know that a LOT of people is waiting YOUR work xD:

And people have yet to send me anything to be merged like Armada is talking about.

im not a modeler and neither a guy that makes textures but if you need help,just ask for it xD:
everybody will try to help,even the many people youve said that is hijacking youre project are trying to help(thats the way i see the things :cheeky)

I don't think I've ever seen so many people trying to work on the same project; what's going on???

There's a lot of other projects that can use the same skills; but a ship with two captains doesn't work. Let alone three.
The same goes for paint masters. You might end up with port and starboard side having different colours. :razz

If you want parts of your textures considered for the official release, you need to post the tga files.

Anyway, here's a progress post. I finally got the curtains right. Now on to the rest of the ship.
keith.gif

[attachment=7138:Fullscreen capture 9122011 13753 PM.jpg] [attachment=7139:Fullscreen capture 9122011 13744 PM.jpg]

I don't think I've ever seen so many people trying to work on the same project; what's going on???

There's a lot of other projects that can use the same skills; but a ship with two captains doesn't work. Let alone three.
The same goes for paint masters. You might end up with port and starboard side having different colours. :razz
I'm guessing it's down to the popularity of the Pearl and Revenge. They're iconic ships and many fans would do anything to sail them in a game like ours.
Either way, trying to keep track of who's doing what is a nightmare. I'm all for people trying to contribute more to our modding effort,
but when everyone wants to help on the same project, it's madness. :wacko:
There are plenty of other ships, historical and otherwise, to work on or even to make from scratch, but I guess there are some PotC fans who only care for the film ships.
Though to be fair, I know the opposite is true as well. We have history buffs who would never so much as look at a PotC film ship, I'm sure.

What I'll say is this: if anyone wants to contribute to the texturing effort, then please upload your texture files! It's no good keeping it all to yourselves. :nerbz
However, when it comes to modelling, please don't go off on a one-man effort to rebuild the entire ship for yourself. It's a waste of time, and is more work than necessary.
If we need specific parts remodelled, we will say so. Otherwise, nothing more than textures, please. Even then, try to keep to specific parts.
For example, if one person finds a really great photo reference and incorporates it into a texture, then be sure to upload it if you think it's better than the current work.
By 'better', I mean either more accurate or higher resolution. It's no good having a great image of specific details if they're too fuzzy to make out, for instance.

One thing to note about resolution: the highest quality any texture can be is 2048x2048 pixels. That's the absolute limit, for those who don't know.

Finally, everyone who contributes will be mentioned in the patch notes when the ships are released.
However, this does not grant you instant fame, so please remember, it's not a competition! :no

Anyway, here's a progress post. I finally got the curtains right. Now on to the rest of the ship.
keith.gif

I like those curtains! Makes them stand out much more. :onya

Armada,will be named too the guys that just try the ships on another game and make adjustments(fixing things,im still working on a thing)?

Finally, everyone who contributes will be mentioned in the patch notes when the ships are released.
However, this does not grant you instant fame, so please remember, it's not a competition! :no

Indeed, I certainly feel like I'm in a competition!
razz.gif
At least I can take solace in the fact that my textures will be the official ones. I'd love to possibly incorporate some of the textures that other people have shown off, but they won't post them! lol
rolleyes.gif
But I'm making good progress with stuff I was struggling with earlier (i.e. the curtains) so I might not need them anyway.

I'm working on the rings right now.
danse1.gif

She looks great so far legendary spider! :onya
I want to second what Armada has said about too many people working on one ship. It is easy to grow impatient with any new ship, especially with highly anticipated ships like the QAR. This is probably why several people have started modified textures of their own, but I think in this case the time taken to combine the textures into one and the related confusion before the first release of the ship could actually slow down the ship's entry into the game. :facepalm Correct me if I am wrong on this, but that is how it seems to me. and there are other projects that need work;texturing, conversion, and otherwise :cheeky
My own ships will need texturing and help getting ingame eventually, but they aren't ready yet. (Craiggo has dibs on the Prince de Neufchatel if he is still around, but I haven't seen him post for awhile) Just scan this forum for projects that you think you could help with, and you may be able to reserrect some unfinished projects by offering your help! :yes

There are plenty of other ships, historical and otherwise, to work on or even to make from scratch, but I guess there are some PotC fans who only care for the film ships.
Though to be fair, I know the opposite is true as well. We have history buffs who would never so much as look at a PotC film ship, I'm sure.

Personally, I like both.
me.gif

Back