• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Legendary_Spider you're doing an excellent job, relax, no one will take your project, after all it was you who started it first.:doff

I think the model itself quite well but I do not take it into the game because desgin is unrelated to the true revenge has a lot of ship and because too many on the go
denoch legendary Spider they do good work

This is totally unrelated, but here's some video of the Pilgrim I took at the tallship festival in Dana Point, CA.
keith.gif

That's my local tallship. I'm gonna get her in the game someday.
icon_wink.gif

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith
one lil question
do you have instaled the AOP Super mod (last version)??

Yes, I have instaled the AOP Super mod. Maybe that is the promblem? :shrug

neah i have instlled it too :urgh
ive could upload you the modified file(of the qar and the black pearl too if you want)but i cant acces to coas ftp and neither the potc ones
if you can give me any help

I help you in everything, if you want. ;) I hope the Revenge will work in AOP: Caribbean Tales.... :will

glogoglo! I try to play with the new version of the Revenge in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, but crashed, as you wrote. You working on light problems? Perfect! :rolleyes: I want to write for this, but you you have already started the work. :onya Please, write me when you solced the problems! :will Come on, matey! :gday :keith
one lil question
do you have instaled the AOP Super mod (last version)??

Yes, I have instaled the AOP Super mod. Maybe that is the promblem? :shrug

neah i have instlled it too :urgh
ive could upload you the modified file(of the qar and the black pearl too if you want)but i cant acces to coas ftp and neither the potc ones
if you can give me any help

I help you in everything, if you want. ;) I hope the Revenge will work in AOP: Caribbean Tales.... :will

realy
it acualy worksQAR1.jpg
but i cant upload the file with her
i dont know how to
i cant do it with FTP and neither with megaupload

:j2 SOME OFTHE MOST IMPORTANT PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN NEWS THIS YEAR TO FOLLOW :j2

I know this is the wrong place but...

THERE'S A PROPER BLACK PEARL MODEL COMING OUT SEPT/OCT 2011 !!!! IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD AS WELL. CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS MODEL!!!
don't know if I'm gonna leave it undamaged or add the battle scars when I get mine
link to details and pics from makers of the model!
http://www.zvezda.org.ru/?lng=1&nav=&cat=7&set=9037

Attachments

• 9037.JPG
    9037.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 135
Armada,will be named too the guys that just try the ships on another game and make adjustments(fixing things,im still working on a thing)?
It depends on the game you're modifying things for. PotC and CoAS both mention contributors in their regular releases,
but I'm not so sure people release many mods for Caribbean Tales any more. :shrug
You'll be mentioned one way or another, I'm sure. If the Revenge becomes a separate download for CT, then the contributors can be mentioned in the download description.

Personally, I like both.
me.gif
Aye, same here. Nice to enjoy the best of both worlds, I say. :keith

This is totally unrelated, but here's some video of the Pilgrim I took at the tallship festival in Dana Point, CA. :keith
Argh! Off topic! Did ye forget me warning? :whipa
In fact, I know this thread has been a bit on and off lately, so let's get this straight: Please keep discussions relevant to the Black Pearl and QAR models.
Lol, joke. :razz She's a nice ship, that's for sure.
From what I gather, the original was launched in 1825, right? You're lucky; that's just within the boundaries of the last game period... only after we extended it to 1830, too!

@Bonjourmonami: Wow! That model looks great!
You know what this means, of course? New image references! :cheeky In fact, that's reminded me: the Pearl needs lifeboats. I nearly forgot about that.

Armada,im trying to upload the modyfied file of the qar on megaupload
do you know why i cant acces the ftp?

Not sure. Did you input the details correctly, as per the post I directed you to? :shrug
The FTP can be a pain sometimes, so don't worry if you can't access it properly. A fileshare website like Megaupload might be better in your case.

Not sure. Did you input the details correctly, as per the post I directed you to? :shrug
The FTP can be a pain sometimes, so don't worry if you can't access it properly. A fileshare website like Megaupload might be better in your case.

ive tried on megaupload but it fails when it wants to verify
and the ftp.....i cant even get to the page(error 404:page not found):modding :modding :modding

@Bonjourmonami: Wow! That model looks great!
You know what this means, of course? New image references! :cheeky In fact, that's reminded me: the Pearl needs lifeboats. I nearly forgot about that.

What's up with the gold? There's no gold trim on the Pearl.
razz.gif
I also noticed for their model they decided to use the "Curse of the Black Pearl" belfry instead of the "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End" one. The belfry changed after the first movie.

I've been looking and looking to see if the QAR has a belfry, but I haven't spotted one yet.

Hey Armada, in addition to the life-boats, are you gonna put the the bags and barrels back on or just leave her plain? I noticed there was a gm file called Black Pearl Stuff.

I also noticed for their model they decided to use the "Curse of the Black Pearl" belfry instead of the "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End" one. The belfry changed after the first movie.

I've been looking and looking to see if the QAR has a belfry, but I haven't spotted one yet.
I didn't know they changed the Pearl's belfry. Strange, that.
I was wondering about the QAR, too. Can't see anything resembling a belfry either. :?

Hey Armada, in addition to the life-boats, are you gonna put the the bags and barrels back on or just leave her plain?
"Aye, the rum too!" :yes

EDIT: @glogoglo, now you're running out of options. :facepalm
Maybe try e-mailing it to someone who can access the CoAS FTP? Hopefully one of the GoF mod team would be willing to help you out there.

I didn't know they changed the Pearl's belfry. Strange, that.
I was wondering about the QAR, too. Can't see anything resembling a belfry either. :?

Hey Armada, in addition to the life-boats, are you gonna put the the bags and barrels back on or just leave her plain?
"Aye, the rum too!" :yes

EDIT: @glogoglo, now you're running out of options. :facepalm
Maybe try e-mailing it to someone who can access the CoAS FTP? Hopefully one of the GoF mod team would be willing to help you out there.

hope soo....

Here's a shot of the rings. They need a bit grime on them, but other than that, how do they look?

[attachment=7144:Fullscreen capture 9132011 125654 PM.jpg]

I'm having an issue with the stern. I found a nice shot to use, but I need to figure out a way to blend it in more so it doesn't pop off the ship like it is. I've been experimenting with it. Any suggestions?
dunno.gif

[attachment=7145:Fullscreen capture 9132011 125733 PM.jpg]

I like how the rings are turning out! Looks like you'll need to adjust the texture to fit the modelled rings, but that shouldn't be too difficult. :onya

The extra stern planes were made with only skeletons on a transparent background in mind. My mistake.
Looks as though I misjudged the level of detail you were looking at, so I'll change the planes to completely cover the parts either side of the window. Would that help?:shrug

One more thing, I've finally got hold of the hull locators file, thanks to Baste's help, so the next update will be playable. :cheeky

I like how the rings are turning out! Looks like you'll need to adjust the texture to fit the modelled rings, but that shouldn't be too difficult. :onya

Aye, it's been rather tedious getting the rings to line up perfectly.
type_1.gif

The extra stern planes were made with only skeletons on a transparent background in mind. My mistake.
Looks as though I misjudged the level of detail you were looking at, so I'll change the planes to completely cover the parts either side of the window. Would that help?:shrug

Ooohhhhhh. I didn't realize that was what you had in mind. You should've known better though, you know what a stickler for detail I am. lol
slap.gif
Your idea sounds great. Let's try it out and see what I can do with it. Don't forget to put it under the curtain a little so it will hide that edge.

One more thing, I've finally got hold of the hull locators file, thanks to Baste's help, so the next update will be playable. :cheeky

Very nice. Then I will be able to see what she looks like with in-game lighting and see if I need to tweak any of the colors and whatnot.
me.gif

Back